Hardware Generic System Files Corrupted Error, Few Questions

HawtDawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading around and I am aware that people with normal, non-homebrew wiis are unable to fix this and have to just send it in to Nintendo.

I was wondering if this could be fixed with Homebrew (I'm pretty sure it can).

So, I don't believe I have bootmii installed, and everything on my SD card was lost recently. However, if there was a way to access the Homebrew channel without having to navigate to it (it gives me the message any time I try to start a channel), like booting up to Homebrew Channel, maybe I could get the files necessary to fix this?

I'm sorry for this common noob problem.

Much thanks.

HawtDawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the error message when I try to load any channel. Before it was just a black screen here and there, but it still would work fine most of the time.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is a common noob problem? The only common noob problem relating to this that I know of is people who deleted IOSes/files on their Wii senslessly.

If you can't launch the Homebrew Channel from the System Menu you'll only be able to do something with Homebrew if you have Bootmii as boot2 or something like Priiloader/Preloader installed. If you don't have that your only 3 options are the same as the ones people with un-brewed Wiis have:

1) Send your Wii to Nintendo. Since you have homebrew installed they'll probably either charge much more to repair your Wii or simply refuse to fix it.

2) Get someone with a flash programmer (and knowledge how to use it) and give/send him your Wii. But I don't know if he'll be able to do something in your case without a backup from a functioning state.

3) Maybe you can use some exploit like Smash Stack or Bannerbomb (if you still have the old System Menu 4.1), But to be able to do that you'll still have to be able to launch games and/or copy saves to your Wii. And of course you'll need to have the right game.

That's how I see it but it could be that I overlooked something. Maybe the tries to help you of the people here ehh... help.

HawtDawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've tried holding down reset but I guess I don't have preloader. :/ I was wondering if there was something you could put on the SD card to automatically boot up to homebrew. I'm not sure.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In the past there was the ability to start homebrew from discs on bootup.
But I dont know about its curent state and it does require a modchip.

And maybe look around for info of this savemii/recovery menu stuff I remember faintly.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
1) Test if you have bootmii as boot2. Turn off the Wii, remove the SD card, press POWER, and watch the disc drive closely. If it flashes blue twice then you have bootmii as boot2. If it flashes once, then you don't.

2) What System Menu are you on? You can check by clicking on the Wii icon in the System Menu. The version will be displayed in the top-right corner.

HawtDawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) It only flashed once. :<

2) I can't even go to the System Menu to see what I have. Is there another way to find out?

HawtDawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get it when I try to load channels, yes.

But when I go into the options, I have the choice of selecting Data Management or System Settings. When I pick one, it goes to that screen again.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh dear, that sound like you're out of luck. You have enough homebrew on you system to piss of Nintendo (read: any). But not "enough/the right one" so that you could help yourself with your problem.
The only of the options I listed above remaining ist the flash programmer one, and I don't know if that will work in your case, you'll have to ask the people in the know with the programmers about that.
Or send you Wii to Nintendo and pray that they only overcharge you for the repair not outright refuse to do them. But they'll most likely return your Wii unrepaired these days.

I'm just curious, what did you do that put your Wii in such a disastrous state?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)