Hacking General softmod backup launching compatibility guide

Fleeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey i was just wondering if anyone else was getting disc read errors wity ssbb dvd9 version it worked perfect until i updated to the gamma loader now i getting disc read error while playing the Subspace Emissary right snake meets up with Lucario and meta knight

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gamma doesn't support Dual Layer discx
wink.gif
and WiiPower the IOS Version Patcher 1.1 is in the downloads section of GBATemp, if you send a bunch of US citizens to a spanish page you get a lot of post crying for the utility
wtf.gif
IOS Version Patcher 1.1

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there's still a few PAL games that wont work on ntsc consoles. If you try to force NTSC they go to green screen, if you edit main.dol with GWP it boots directly to green screen. If you use standard cables they look horrible.

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords (PAL) doesn't load using force NTSC. The game works without force NTSC, but of course there is the B/W and screen flickering problem. This isn't fully confirmed yet, but at least 3 other people here are having this problem. It sticks on a black screen when on force NTSC.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jadaramiro said:
alright so i have the disc in imgburn but what am i supposed to see for Okami???

You can verify your disc in imgburn when you still have the .iso. Imgburn is free, so you could test it without any problem. It possible that you have a bad burn where the sector of the disc which contains the data for this specific fight is unreadable.

Slimmmmmm said:
QUOTE(wiigee @ Dec 19 2008, 12:50 AM) fifa 08 works with Waninkoko's IOS Version patcher to IOS249

WiiPower you need to change your first post, maybe the other FIFA works too ?

Does it now work or not? Does it need patching?

MrShinra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I hope this is the best place to report this.

Tiger Woods PGA Golf 09, US Version (NTSC) gives a disc read error when I go to the Play Now option, the error appears at the loading screen.

All options are defaulted the first and second time this happened, so it wasn't a one-off fluke.

Third Attempt:

Options:
Boot Lang: English
Force NTSC: Yes
Hook Type: Wii Pad

Rebooter Options:
All Yes

After testing, I got the same results.

Info: Homebrew Channel w/ Backup Loader v0.3 Gamma.

Any known solution for this?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
mrtankjump said:
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords (PAL) doesn't load using force NTSC. The game works without force NTSC, but of course there is the B/W and screen flickering problem. This isn't fully confirmed yet, but at least 3 other people here are having this problem. It sticks on a black screen when on force NTSC.

Hey matie... just download the ntsc version... I have it working on the lastest public release of gamma (w/002 fix)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MrShinra said:
Hello, I hope this is the best place to report this.

Tiger Woods PGA Golf 09, US Version (NTSC) gives a disc read error when I go to the Play Now option, the error appears at the loading screen.

All options are defaulted the first and second time this happened, so it wasn't a one-off fluke.

[...]

Info: Homebrew Channel w/ Backup Loader v0.3 Gamma.

Did you verify your burn? Are you sure you use the latest cIOS, the cIOS which came with Gamma, cIOS36 rev7?

supersonic88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Biohazard (Resident Evil 1) Wii-Make NTSC-J - WORKS
played up until the first zombie, no 002 error and it loaded from the disc channel
for those wondering, the options menu is in english and the voice acting is all in english.
subtitles and names of items and such are in japanese

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of these are tested and confirmed on a Pal Wii 3.4E, running Gamma and ios249
smile.gif

All are Pal unless stated, I have tried to remember which ones I needed to patch too.

Animal Crossing Pal - Working
de blob - working
Mushroom Men NTSC - Working
Wii Music - Working
Obscure Aftermath - Working
NFS Undercover - Patched and working.... bit of pop up
Mario Party 8 - Working
SPRay NTSC - Working
Boogie Superstar - Patched and working.
RE: Umbrella Chronicles - Working
Shrek 3 - Working except for bee movie demo
DR Who Top trumps - working
Kids Mini golf NTSC - Working
Metal Slug anthology - Working
Sonic Unleashed - Working

Any idea when the wiki will be back up?

nabounds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone get Call of Duty: World at War pal version on ntsc Wii working? Any settings/utility recommendations? I'm getting the error message after the game goes to the loading screen, after the health warnings and such.

Oreoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabounds said:
Anyone get Call of Duty: World at War pal version on ntsc Wii working? Any settings/utility recommendations? I'm getting the error message after the game goes to the loading screen, after the health warnings and such.
I have it working, using gamma. I set force NTSC, that is the only setting i change (when i'm not on my big screen with HD cables)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.