Gen7.1 Engine: Visual Programming for Switch, Wii and Windows - New Major Edition

Gen7.1 Engine
gen7dotone.png

The First Visual Programming Homebrew Engine, for Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii™ and Microsoft Windows
Now with Node Programming and 2D Sprites support
After Gen7 Engine, the new version called Gen7.1 Engine (GenSevendotOne) creates a new way to make games and applications, with visual programming plus node programming and the very awaited 2D Sprites support. Now developing a game is possible without initial requirements and in a record time! And Gen7 Engine supports various platforms, to make your application run same on Switch, Wii, Windows and much more soon!

SECTION1.png

A Visual Programming Engine, with hybrid block and node programming

No programming language knowledge required! Make true your ideas with blocks, and thanks to the powerful drag-and-drop system, make your elements interact together like 2D sprites.
The appealing UI is there for an even better experience, so the application creation process be a piece of cake!

Main features:

page1.png

page2.png

page3.png

page4.png

SECTION2.png

A Multiplatform Engine, for Nintendo Switch, Wii and Microsoft Windows

What better to have to code once, and see its application run same on various platforms? With Gen7 Engine, that's possible! Gen7.1 Engine can currently produce executables for the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Windows and much more soon, including mobile devices.

pagemulti.png

SECTION3.png

An evolving and empowering engine

Gen7 Engine is in constant development, and a lot of new features are on the way. We aim to make it the most polyvalent and easy to use engine for both homebrewers and game developers, so keep in touch with the progress.

See Gen7.1 Engine in action by yourself:

Patreons Release: Different Plans for Gen7 Engine Patreon Edition
For now, Gen7.1 Engine is still at the beta phase, therefore only Gold and Silver Patreons can access Gen7 Engine. Gold Patreons can get stable Gen7.1 Engine 3 weeks before the free version, and Silver Patreons can get it 2 weeks ago. As for beta versions like this one, only Patreons can have it, the free version will be released when the stable version will be finished, and that 3 weeks after Gold.
Gen7 Engine Patreon Edition also provides many benefits, like the access to Move! Animation Tool, and future Patreon exclusive features.

The following image summarize different plans available.

diffchoices.png

You're a Patreon? Thanks! Activate your copy on idstudio.live/gen7engine/register
Patreon page: patreon.com/gen7engine

Also important thing to notice, being a Gen7 Engine Patreon is not only for the Patreon Edition version, but also to support project's development. Because without enough Patreons, the engine will ultimately lead to its cancel of future development plans, as you probably know a full engine development takes a lot of time. So help the project's future and be Patreon today only for one penny, thanks!

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Will we see this brought to any other platforms? The PS Vita scene is finally taking off and the PSP scene is undergoing a bit of a Renaissance with new projects and more work on the N64 emulator - and since this engine has already been ported to the Wii, a port to Wii U would also be very easy for example. Just a thought :)

Reactions: iyenal

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will we see this brought to any other platforms? The PS Vita scene is finally taking off and the PSP scene is undergoing a bit of a Renaissance with new projects and more work on the N64 emulator - and since this engine has already been ported to the Wii, a port to Wii U would also be very easy for example. Just a thought :)

Sure, bringing more platforms is on the roadmap, including the PSP that will be probably the first handheld console supported by Gen7 Engine.
As for Wii U support, actually vWii should do the work.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
As for Wii U support, actually vWii should do the work.
WHAT?! why not just make full on Wii U side hb support?
(btw, the 3DS would be pretty cool to see work with this)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WHAT?! why not just make full on Wii U side hb support?
(btw, the 3DS would be pretty cool to see work with this)

If at least there were some Patreons I would free more time to do that.
But Patreon is clear about that, 0 like he say.
It's very easy to ask when we make no effort on the other way.

Last edited by iyenal,

ArgentoVivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
nice project but IMHO, I would be more interested in paying $ 100 for a license.
I mean there are a lot of framework (gamesalad,gamemaker,appgamekit,rpgmaker,gameguro and so on) that are stable and available.
In my opinion a beginner or an expert developer would hardly finance a new product with patron effort.
Also for Switch You'll need a nintendo approval to publish.

But anyway I will follow the developments
Best

D

Deleted User

bad tool crashes every time and only to get money. If it was free no updates would come in the complete future

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
nice project but IMHO, I would be more interested in paying $ 100 for a license.
I mean there are a lot of framework (gamesalad,gamemaker,appgamekit,rpgmaker,gameguro and so on) that are stable and available.
In my opinion a beginner or an expert developer would hardly finance a new product with patron effort.
Also for Switch You'll need a nintendo approval to publish.

But anyway I will follow the developments
Best
He doesn't need nintendo's permission to make this! it makes HomeBrew! why would it even get put up on the eShop?

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Apology but I see from patron page that actually there are 0 (zero) patrons.

So, the question is... how did you try it?

Yeah this guy is very funny, keep on saying that things are bad without not even knowing what you're speaking or not even testing about. Surely a random kid who searches for something random to say.

I don't allow myself to speculate about that guy.
Maybe a demo with "save option" disable or something else will be useful.

The Free version will be released (3 weeks after) when Gen7.1 Engine will reach enough stability, as currently it's only beta. Well, if it doesn't get canceled before. But thanks for your support.

He doesn't need nintendo's permission to make this! it makes HomeBrew! why would it even get put up on the eShop?

Yeah, the point of Gen7.1 Engine is to provide a visual programming and multiplatform tool for homebrews, as for professional games there's a lot of other engines like Unity, Unreal Engine etc that does the work much better.

Last edited by iyenal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: