Hacking Geexbox - Need .DOL file

1ronlung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys.

I previously had a lovely wii runing 1.1e. Installed homebrew channel from DVD - Ah.. everything was so easy ...

Had the console replaced (incidentally, nicotine was found on the laser lens by the repairers.. If you smoke..epecially the stuff that makes plumes of it, get your lens cleaner out once a week)

Now have nasty 1.3e (urrrgh)

I'm about to install homebrew channel with TP hack.
Now the main reason to install this channel is so I can use Geexbox - I love that app
smile.gif

It seems that 0.9beta of homebrew only supports .DOL files. Latest d/l of Geexbox loads as a .ELF

Anybody have a source of Geexbox using .DOL ? Have googled and peeps using ELFtoDOL type utils didn't seem to have success ...

Thanks,
ironlung

[EDIT]
Homebrew browser will install the fecking thing, it seems, but I don't have inet access from Wii
frown.gif

[/EDIT]

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
1ronlung said:
Hi Guys.

I previously had a lovely wii runing 1.1e. Installed homebrew channel from DVD - Ah.. everything was so easy ...

Had the console replaced (incidentally, nicotine was found on the laser lens by the repairers.. If you smoke..epecially the stuff that makes plumes of it, get your lens cleaner out once a week)

Now have nasty 1.3e (urrrgh)

I'm about to install homebrew channel with TP hack.
Now the main reason to install this channel is so I can use Geexbox - I love that app
smile.gif

It seems that 0.9beta of homebrew only supports .DOL files. Latest d/l of Geexbox loads as a .ELF

Anybody have a source of Geexbox using .DOL ? Have googled and peeps using ELFtoDOL type utils didn't seem to have success ...

Thanks,
ironlung

Geebox elf will work 100%. I use it.

1ronlung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PatryC.. Thanks for answer.. Are you using Beta0.9 of homebrew channel, or the old Beta8 ?

Plus, I think I may have answered my own question ...

"
List of apps with valid .elf files

These should not be run through this converter. Backup these programs before running this script, as it doesn't have the smarts to avoid them. Feel free to add to this list if you find something that should be in it. So far the list is:
Kobo Deluxe
GeeXboX
Wii Linux

Cheapo workaround is to rename (not convert) a valid boot.elf to boot.dol. HBC still loads it just fine, and this script will ignore it. Not ideal, but we're all hackers here, right?
"

Ahhh.. It seems HBC0.9 will load ELFS, but they have to be in correct format, which most don't seem to be. Geexbox, however, has one that is ..
I think.. feel free to correct ...

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
1ronlung said:
PatryC.. Thanks for answer.. Are you using Beta0.9 of homebrew channel, or the old Beta8 ?

Plus, I think I may have answered my own question ...

"
List of apps with valid .elf files

These should not be run through this converter. Backup these programs before running this script, as it doesn't have the smarts to avoid them. Feel free to add to this list if you find something that should be in it. So far the list is:
Kobo Deluxe
GeeXboX
Wii Linux

Cheapo workaround is to rename (not convert) a valid boot.elf to boot.dol. HBC still loads it just fine, and this script will ignore it. Not ideal, but we're all hackers here, right?
"

Ahhh.. It seems HBC0.9 will load ELFS, but they have to be in correct format, which most don't seem to be. Geexbox, however, has one that is ..
I think.. feel free to correct ...

You are correct

1ronlung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got HBC working.. Took a *lot* of arseing about.. Dunno why.. Not like there was anything difficult involved ..

Wad Manager 1.3 works fine. It's just a shame my secret of mana wad seems to be in German..

Problem with Geexbox 0.1alpha4:

All appears to be well when loading. Then I get a series of errors (or more likely one looping error) filling the screen. Have tried unplugging all devices except SD card.. No Joy

Anyone else had an issue, remembering I'm on 1.3e ?

Gonna see if I can find Geexbox alpha3 in the meantime....

Cheers

1ronlung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
0.1alpha4 was always broken.
Use 0.1alpha3

And jeez, you're on 1.3e? Wow.

What am I like ? At least I managed to get the bit after the dot correct. I've had 1.3 in my head all day.. I can't even pass it off as a typo
wink.gif

Thanks for reply.. Will grab alpha 3 (now, do I mean 3..Ummm:P)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)