Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
plasma dragon007 said:
drakorex said:
I gotta run my games off a 16 GB SD card through a printer

That, sir, is mindblowingly ghetto. My hat off to you, sir, as you have won =)

QUOTE(Coto @ Jan 19 2011, 06:19 PM) So, you need:

a USB device properly formatted to WBFS (so you can install games on in later)

Why, why, why??? Forget WBFS, just use FAT32!!! WiiGameManager can split isos to

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
That`s because the OP won´t get a bit of this. Instead a simple WBFS to his HDD will make is life easier.

Hermes cIOS runs off 22x, like I said before, the OP don´t know too much about Cios loading from a loader so, if he ever manage to have running a USB Backup loader on his wii, it will be mostly a CIOS249 one.

Besides, this setup seems to have good compatibility anyways.

If you never try you never learn.

How different is setting up a FAT32 drive from a WBFS one, really? My drive worked out of the box, and I just add my games into Wii Game Manager and send them to my drive in

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hielkenator said:
Coto said:
That`s because the OP won´t get a bit of this. Instead a simple WBFS to his HDD will make is life easier.

Hermes cIOS runs off 22x, like I said before, the OP don´t know too much about Cios loading from a loader so, if he ever manage to have running a USB Backup loader on his wii, it will be mostly a CIOS249 one.

Besides, this setup seems to have good compatibility anyways.

Some drives have a hard time working with Wanin's latest revs.
Look at the threads.

QUOTE(Coto @ Jan 19 2011, 02:19 PM)
I strongly suggest you that install Waninkoko rev19 CIOS 249 @ IOS Base 56.
Frankly, this is based on my personal experience- I´ve tested over 30 drives without having a single problem using this cIOS, and guess what? I had more troubles trying to detect drives through hermes CIOS. Except a cheap USB SATA generic controller I referred in the another post. I´m sure Waninkoko´s not just all bluff, their team really improved USB module compatibility -again- based on my personal experiments. No argue against the latest (rev21) now, it has some bugs too.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
Frankly, this is based on my personal experience- I´ve tested over 30 drives without having a single problem using this cIOS, and guess what? I had more troubles trying to detect drives through hermes CIOS. Except a cheap USB SATA generic controller I referred in the another post. I´m sure Waninkoko´s not just all bluff, their team really improved USB module compatibility -again- based on my personal experiments. No argue against the latest (rev21) now, it has some bugs too.

I have had no trouble detecting 4 or 5 drives on my Wii with Herme's cIOS. These drives would be a 500 gig Seagate Expansion Portable Drive and a few different drives of various sizes connected through a generic usb controller (Some were IDE, others were SATA).

Granted, my Wii stopped detecting the ones through the generic controller when my PSU burnt them out (I rigged a desktop PSU to turn on when I plugged it in to power the HDD), but that is a different matter in itself.

EDIT - every single drive has been FAT32.

EDIT2 - I would also suggest against rev19 because of its incompatibility with Triiforce MRC. The last one that worked for me with Triiforce MRC was rev17, and rev21 is thus far also seeming to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1