Gecko OS issue on vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by DarkPawn, Mar 15, 2015.

1. DarkPawn
    OP

DarkPawn Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    I've installed Gecko OS on my Wii U, but I don't have the "Load Channel" option.

After going through the "talk" section of the download site this appears to have been an issue with the latest version and requires that I delete/replace a (c)IOS, but I don't know how to do that or which one to use for the Wii U.

I did attempted to this "https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation" but it did nothing after following the steps.

2. kribblz

kribblz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Itzehoe, Germany
    Do not install any wii cios on youre vWii

3. yahoo

yahoo G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    What are you trying to do with Gecko OS? It's really old and probably not working correctly on the vWIi. It sounds like you might want to launch channels that you've installed, via a wad manager, that are from a different region than your console? Is that right? If so, you should look into backup launchers and emuNand if you can't make your wads region free.

Well, you can safely install cIOS on vWii in slots 249, 250, and 251.

4. DarkPawn
    OP

DarkPawn Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    I only want to run cheat codes. I know of a few other programs, but Gecko OS is the one I'm most comfortable using.

5. yahoo

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    Oh. I don't know, then. Haven't used cheat codes on channel titles before...

6. kribblz

kribblz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Itzehoe, Germany
    try sneek

7. yahoo

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    sneek will not solve his goal of trying to run cheat codes on channel titles...