Hacking Gecko Codes (GCT files) loaded off of hard drive?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so as some of you may already know, I use CFG USB loader for my Wii backups and while I was using it, I noticed that it has the capability of loading cheat code files. Now, I saw two folders, one called "txtcodes" and the other simple called "codes", both of which confuse me. This is the first part of my problem. When you select a game in CFG, you have the option to load the cheat files, but the problem I'm face with is that it doesn't detect the .txt or .cgt files I place on there, and then it asks me to download them from the WiiRD database. That doesn't do jack squat either, as it just sits there doing nothing, but doesn't lock up. The game in question is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which makes use of modified textures and audio. The problem with that is when you wanted to load them off an SD card, you had to create a folder called "private"; you can't do that with a USB HDD, as CFG doesn't see the folder.

To sum up -

- How do I use Gecko/WiiRD codes with CFG?
- Where do I place the .txt and/or .cgt files?
- How do I tell the game to load the codes I want to?
- Wii I be able to load SSBB with modified (in this case, replaced) brstm/music files?
- If I can't use the Private folder for music/texture mods, how else do I tell CFG to look for them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: lemme ask in forums