Hacking Gecko 1.93 ginving me a stack dump

elmariachi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yesterday I was playing MarioKart retail disc online thru Neogamma R9 just fine. After some time I got disconnected which is not unusual so I reset the Wii to get back online with MK. But Neogamma was frozen and not responding. I then started Gecko OS to run the game but that gave me a stack dump. So I resetted the Wii another time and Neogamma was working again, however Gecko still keeps giving me the stack dump:

Exception (Program) occured!
GPR00 - GPR31
LR 80E1DC14 SRR0 81200490 SRR1 00088032 MSR 00000000
DAR 00000000 DSISR 00000000

STACK DUMP:
81200490 --> 80e1dc14

Any one knows what's causing this ? Gecko corrupted ? SD coruppted ? or worse ?

System: 4.1 PAL cIOS Rev17

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The latest Gecko OS does that on certain discs, and it's unlikely to be fixed anytime soon. If you have online issues with NeoGamma, you might use a cIOS with bad wifi compatiblity. Which one did you say you use?

If you want to run the game with an IOS (or cIOS made of IOS36 from TBR), you can try Gecko OS mod:
http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,5823.0.html
(the cMIOS is for GC stuff only, so ignore it)

elmariachi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Do u have Gecko OS as a Channel or an App?? lol

I have it as an app so runs from SD card

WiiPower said:
The latest Gecko OS does that on certain discs, and it's unlikely to be fixed anytime soon. If you have online issues with NeoGamma, you might use a cIOS with bad wifi compatiblity. Which one did you say you use?

If you want to run the game with an IOS (or cIOS made of IOS36 from TBR), you can try Gecko OS mod:
http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,5823.0.html
(the cMIOS is for GC stuff only, so ignore it)

It was the first time I played online thru NeoGamma, normally I could run retail MK thru disk channel on my 4.1, but for some strange reason it asked me for a System Update when I put the disk in my Wii (never did with 4.2 so seems a bit strange to me it does with 4.3?)
Last time I used Gecko was with a retail NSMB and that run just fine, however after this NeoGamma freeze on MK, Gecko gave the same stack dump for NSMB. After resetting my Wii I could play both MK and NSMB just fine thru Neogamma R9 b26 but Gecko keeps crashing on loading the game.

I am on cIOS Rev 17 imo the most stable cIOS, but I will try the Gecko mod and see what it does, thanx so far
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...