Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay since I updated to 4.0, I wiped my system clean (Except for cIOS rev10). So I reinstalled my cMIOS just yesterday, selecting v4 and then installing it. Now any GC backup I try and play are in black and white. They used to run in color because they were NTSC-U and my Wii is NTSC-U and my TV can play PAL and NTSC. Some of the games will run in color if I select PAL video mode, but others will just freeze.

I'm running Wiigators cMIOS and GCBackupLoader v0.2

Could it just be a bad MIOS install? Preloader? The cIOS rev10? I can easily reinstall the cMIOS and cIOS (Which I'm doing right now) But as for Preloader, I'm unsure which wad I would need for system 4.0u. I also have BootMii as an IOS.

Edit: Not cMIOS or cIOS, I'm going to run IOS Downgrader right now.

IOS Downgrader downgraded
IOS 11
IOS 12
IOS 13
IOS 15
IOS 17
IOS 20
IOS 21
IOS 30
IOS 31
IOS 33
Edit: Seems IOS33 had an error, second run
IOS 33
IOS 34
IOS 35
IOs Downgrader didn't give any improvements. I'm going to unistall Bootmii.

Edit: Bootmii wasn't it, kinda getting pissed, maybe going down to 3.2U to install the cMIOS?

Could Preloader be doing it? I tried running hacks remover and nothing happened, it said the files weren't there (And they aren't according to ATD)

Edit: IOS Downgrader, cIOS+cMIOS reinstall aren't working, new GCBackup Loader versions aren't working (I might have been using 0.1 but 0.2 doesn't work either), and removing all Preloader hacks didn't do anything (However according to ATD and Hack Remover there are none, but the no BGM and No Healthmenu hacks were working). Next up is 4.0 systemmenu reinstall, and if that doesn't work then going back to 3.2, getting cMIOS to work, then back up to 4.0.

Where could I get a 4.0u systemmenu wad? (Or the name/version number/ID so I can download it off the Ninty servers)
And anyone know of a good 4.0 downgrade to 3.2 guide? Or would any 3.4 to 3.2 guide work? Actually 3.4 to 3.2 guides should work. I guess I have something to do tomorrow morning before work.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
According to your signature you run cMIOS rev3, but Wiigators cMIOS is only at rev2. So I'm guessing you used Waninkoko's installer, then use Wiigator's app to run them? Maybe I'll try that out before I downgrade to 3.2. I also try Wiigators earlier revisions.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
According to your signature you run cMIOS rev3, but Wiigators cMIOS is only at rev2. So I'm guessing you used Waninkoko's installer, then use Wiigator's app to run them? Maybe I'll try that out before I downgrade to 3.2. I also try Wiigators earlier revisions.

I use Waninkoko's cMIOS and if it doesn't load a game, I have a forwarder channel for WiiGator's loader.

I do that because Waninkoko's cMIOS has an offline install option, something I prefer over online options.

And this setup has worked fine for me for my GC backups.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright I reinstall Preloader (I didn't do that after I reinstalled the 4.0 system menu) and now with Wanin's cMIOS rev3 its working. I have no idea what was actually causing it but this pissed me off.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Golfman560 said:
According to your signature you run cMIOS rev3, but Wiigators cMIOS is only at rev2. So I'm guessing you used Waninkoko's installer, then use Wiigator's app to run them?

Correct
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F