Hacking GC Backup Launcher Support

hom3land

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install was easy... Of course my luck, the first game I tried was Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2, one of the few games that doesn't work (didn't know there was an incompatibility list). I didn't find that out until 20 minutes later of pulling my hair out trying to get it to work.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been asked/ answered but its hard to keep track of everything with the amount of posting going on lately. With a game that uses multiple disc (such as Tales Of Symphonia, Metal Gear Solid, and Resident Evil 4), can you burn both isos onto one disc? Or does it iso need its on disc for that whole "switch disc" process?

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got a small problem. Using only games on the compatibility list, NTSC ones work and PAL don't. (Have a NTSC-U Wii).
I have tried preloader's hacks to make gc region free and used all 4 video options on wiigator's loader, won't work either.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
I'm sure this has been asked/ answered but its hard to keep track of everything with the amount of posting going on lately. With a game that uses multiple disc (such as Tales Of Symphonia, Metal Gear Solid, and Resident Evil 4), can you burn both isos onto one disc? Or does it iso need its on disc for that whole "switch disc" process?
You have to have them on two discs to swap them.
The only exception is when the game allows you to swap from a save.
I'm pretty sure MGS doesn't, but I don't know about the others.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miles said:
dinofan01 said:
You have to have them on two discs to swap them.
The only exception is when the game allows you to swap from a save.
I'm pretty sure MGS doesn't, but I don't know about the others.
Thanks. I checked the compatibility list and it says we cant disc swap in MGS yet. Can anyone explain that to me more? Does that mean once we get to where the game asks to disc swap, we get stuck and theres no going further until the loader is updated?

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the deal with the many different cMIOS that are on the installer? i installed v4 just because it was the first selection... but what do the rest do?

bmack36

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to load a backup of Mario Party 5, which on the compatibility chart says works, but every time I try to load the gc backup launcher I get a green screen that freezes and requires the power button to be pressed to reset the wii. I get the same result using Wiigators miospatcher using 4,5, and 8 as well as Wanikoko's cmios installer. I was using a 3.3U system menu. I tried downgrading through ARC to 3.2U but that didn't seem to make a difference.

I can currently play wii backups made through the same method and on the same media on gamma.

I haven't found anyone saying they were having this same issue yet.

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
wiigators runs multi disk games awesomely!

Instal mios v4 + follow the readme = piss easy.

But: no matter what the wiki says i cant get f-zero working to save my life!
dry.gif

Try burning the disk at a slower rate, worked like a charm for me (on a different game i was having many troubles with)

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anybody else got problems with Sonic Adventure 2?
The wiki says it works, I had a pal backup of the game, it doesn't work. Burned it with 2 other games on a multidis, didn't work. Then I used gc_region_patcher_fixed to change it's region to USA and burned it alone, didn't work.
Tested with wiigator's and waninkoko's mIOS.
GcBooter and geckos won't work either.
The screen stays black, even though I can hear the audio. If someone have it working, could you try to play it without the memory card plugged when it starts and see if it gets to the menu screen?

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ekolimits said:
whats the deal with the many different cMIOS that are on the installer? i installed v4 just because it was the first selection... but what do the rest do?
Yeah, I'm also confused as to what MIOS are. What exactly do they do, and which ones should I install?

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the mario said:
ekolimits said:
Yeah, I'm also confused as to what MIOS are. What exactly do they do, and which ones should I install?

They give you the ability to play backup GC games. The ones that come with the Loader or Wankos.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having trouble loading pikmin 2 it blackscreens but with sound.
i have searched i don't think any of the preformentioned fixes worked for me.
my wii was softmii'd when i first tried to install the cmios it wouldn't work cause it loaded iso 36 instead of 249 so i installed cios 7 now cmios installed correctly i tried all three of them 4 5 and 8

can anyone help?

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jytach said:
Anybody else got problems with Sonic Adventure 2?
The wiki says it works, I had a pal backup of the game, it doesn't work. Burned it with 2 other games on a multidis, didn't work. Then I used gc_region_patcher_fixed to change it's region to USA and burned it alone, didn't work.
Tested with wiigator's and waninkoko's mIOS.
GcBooter and geckos won't work either.
The screen stays black, even though I can hear the audio. If someone have it working, could you try to play it without the memory card plugged when it starts and see if it gets to the menu screen?

I'm getting the problem with the NTSC version. The wiki says it works, maybe we're doing something wrong. Gonna test it on a friend's Wii tomorrow.

Bananna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Custom Robo working great with both mIOS's.
Luigi's Mansion gives me a lovely blackscreen, but you can hear what is happening in the background.

Also, when I switched to Waninoko's my Custom Robo save didn't work anymore. What gives?

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so v4, v5, or v8. What's the difference? I want to know exactly what I'm doing to my Wii, and try this thing out ASAP.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the mario said:
Well yeah, I could assume that much. But what's the difference between the different versions?

I don't believe there really is a difference. Wiigator release this package with everything you need to play your backup GC games.
I just followed this tread.
Enter!
No question ask.
And for all those who have SoftMii make sure you test GC "Region" Patches.

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, so I decided to just bite the bullet and go with v5 (since that was the default option). I noticed a couple things, though. First, the game can't just be read from the disc channel (is this a SoftMii exclusive thing?). Also, when I play with an actual retail GC disc, it shows an error before loading the game. Am I stuck with this mild annoyance, or is there a way around it?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the mario said:
All right, so I decided to just bite the bullet and go with v5 (since that was the default option). I noticed a couple things, though. First, the game can't just be read from the disc channel (is this a SoftMii exclusive thing?). Also, when I play with an actual retail GC disc, it shows an error before loading the game. Am I stuck with this mild annoyance, or is there a way around it?
you actually needed to install it with that option enabled by pushing X did you forget to do that?
no worries just go reinstall.
i don't know about that retail thing though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!