ROM Hack GBC ROMS ON DS?

clickmaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to download Game Boy Colour ROMs onto an M3DS REAL?

I already have the ROMs i want on my PC, but i am not sure how to get them onto the M3DS REAL.

Any help?

Thanks.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
alright my turn to say it
"NO And never Will BE"
sorry =/ somehow the ds can't handle it due to specific reasons =/
if you are so interested playing them use a emulator instead
unless a gba flashcard supports gbc too which i dont know if it does
*Ignore this*

Research turned out that Lameboy has also GBC support
thats all

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If ran from the GBA Folder with the Touchpod Firmware, with the GBA Expansion inserted - the M3 Real will gladly play GBÂ ROMs. In addition, the emulator Lameboy has brilliant support for GBÂ ROMs, and will run on any Slot-1 flashcart.

They won't natively work due to the nonpresence of a specific processor chip, but the DS is more than powerful enough to emulate.
smile.gif

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
clickmaster said:
Is it possible to download Game Boy Colour ROMs onto an M3DS REAL?

I already have the ROMs i want, but i am not sure how to get them onto the M3DS REAL.

Any help?

Thanks.
So where have you downloaded them to now? Just make sure you specify where you would like to download them to (i.e. your M3's MicroSD).

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From my experience, the built-in emulators don't automatically back-up the save files correctly (Yes, I know they're just pocketNES and goomba
tongue.gif
). Oh well, I can live without the aesthetically-pleasing scaling that pocketNES applies to Castlevania 2 (the scaling on nesDS never looks quite right, I think it's to do with the DS' native screen WIDTH).
I just use nesDS and Lameboy, and don't really have any problems. I hope Nutki picks up on his project again, or releases the source...

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Meh... I should learn to read.
Okay, old gameboy roms work if they're thrown into the GBA folder. GBC doesn't, it only works with an emulator. (Except for The Legend of Zelda DX which is acutally the GBC version of the previous GB game, THIS one works, only without colors... ^^)

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just make sure it's the same filename as the game, but with a .sav extension. Oh, and be sure that when you want to actually save the "save" to the microSD to press X, or to use the "quit" option in Lameboy. It's worked with Gameboy/Colour saves from VBA and other emulators for me.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
clubecgr said:
I cant quite understand how lameboy works. I tried it but it wont load my save files after saving it, of course.

~Chris

You probaly forgot to pick a save slot for each game by clicking the R button and making a selection of 0-9 as a save slot then hitting x or use the save on exit feature......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?