GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i got a 2GB Patriot one ? iunno what speed it is though :|
ph34r.gif

probably gonna do a little research on it to see if it's fast enough to play Castlevania : PoR

cubanresourceful

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got new information regarding the issue. (Again, thanks to Google.) US and Taiwan manufactured cards, (aka Sandisk) have slower Random Access Times, thus games like Castlevania: PoR run horribly. Japan-based cards, (manufactured by Toshiba ONLY) have lower Random Access Times, thus running games faster. These cards can be branded under ADATA or Kingston.

You are looking for timings of under 0.7, which means every game will run flawless (not including flash cart limitations) and without lag. Games of around 0.8-1.1ish will run great, but may crash or games like Castlevania: PoR will crash or lag. Games higher than that will crash like a bitch. Hope this helped some. ^^

Your card though, Patriot, whether its produced in Japan or not I don't know, but Patriot makes some high speed gaming ram.
tongue.gif

kemosabe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i´m about to order some supercard ds one from dealextreme.com.
can anybody tell me something about this store?
are they reliable?
how long will the shipping take?
until now i ordered my flash stuff at winsunx.com, no problems so far.
but unfortunatly they dont sell the ds one so i have to use a different shop

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone bought from www.deveno.com before? They're based in USA & China. They have some real low prices and claim they don't sell fakes. (They even mention that they don't sell R4 Ver. III.

fathawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I order all my stuff from dealextreme.com Lowest price on the web, free shipping. It will take a little longer to recieve stuff but worth the wait.

kemosabe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i ordered 4 supercard ds one at dealextreme.com.
the shipping was free and i recieved the stuff after 5 days, without any custom fees.
great place to buy from

Chaorain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can second NXPGame.com I ordered my M3 Real from them and It came really fast(2-3 days I think). My flash card reader that came with the M3 real stopped working so I told them that I and they exchanged just the reader for FREE!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*a little off topic*

you should just buy a new reader, or else you are gonna be contacting them every couple of weeks for a replacement
tongue.gif

nuker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
has someone bought a cycloDS at RealHotStuff or GamerSection.ca ??

I need to know there shippingcost to germany, can't see anything on there site.

Edit: Topmodders seems to be cheap too. and shipping to germany is $10 and realhotstuff is $25.13 shipping
blink.gif
, gamercetion $11.75 shipping.
so Topmodders seems to be the cheapest
lecture.gif

How reliable is Topmodders??

ok, i have bought a card
yaynds.gif

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
What's happened to Bamboogaming? They haven't added new products in ages, they're forum keeps getting spammed every day, the support team apparently aren't responding (according to a user on the forum) and the mods of the forum haven't logged in in days. Plus, they have added a cost to their shipping and have made free shipping unavailable. Has anyone successfully bought from them in a the last few weeks? I planned on buying a Supercard Lite from them, but I probably won't now.

Asobinin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my R4 from
http://www.abotcity.com

I just thought I'd mention it since it wasn't on the list.

They packaged and mailed it out right away.
I believe that the prices are good, or at least reasonable. (23.99)
Shipping fee was 6.99(priority mail 1 to 3 business day delivery), which is better than some other sites.

They are based in the east part of United States. (Lake Bluff, IL)

Also, they carry not only other carts, but they also carry spare lcd screens for a very reasonable price.
My top lcd screen has a dead pixel, I'm thinking of getting a new one. I'm just not sure how easy it is to replace it with my old one.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Asobinin said:
I got my R4 from
http://www.abotcity.com

I just thought I'd mention it since it wasn't on the list.

They packaged and mailed it out right away.
I believe that the prices are good, or at least reasonable. (23.99)
Shipping fee was 6.99(priority mail 1 to 3 business day delivery), which is better than some other sites.

They are based in the east part of United States. (Lake Bluff, IL)

Also, they carry not only other carts, but they also carry spare lcd screens for a very reasonable price.
My top lcd screen has a dead pixel, I'm thinking of getting a new one. I'm just not sure how easy it is to replace it with my old one.

Wut? What's up with all the "Regular Price: Jacked Up" they have going on? Looks like they're trying to make people think they're selling something expensive for cheap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5