GBATemp Ventrilo Server

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by cheesyPOOF5, Mar 4, 2007.

1. cheesyPOOF5
    OP

cheesyPOOF5 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2006
    United States
    Wouldn't it be nice to have our own Vent server? Or am I the only one who prefers talking rather than typing?

2. imgod22222

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    yeah... but that would add a bigger load to the new GBAtemp server. Or if they get a dedicated server, it will cost them more money.

If you would rather talk than type, in Windows XP on the language toolbar, you can use its speech-to-text service. It works about... 80% of the time for me. Why? Because the things i usually say can be interpreted by the computer in two different ways. ex) santa claus & sandy claws

Remember, that's an example. there are thousands of other combinations, just that's the first one that came to mind. I haven't used it in awhile though, as my new soundcard needs a special dongle for a microphone.

I think vista has something similiar.

3. Mehdi

Mehdi Lemonade by Psyfira

May 31, 2004
    Netherlands
    a vent server would ROCK soooo much! I totally agree with the lad. Get a vent server GBAtemp please [​IMG]

4. cheesyPOOF5
    OP

cheesyPOOF5 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2006
    United States
    hehe....I'm a lad [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice