GBAtemp V8 / tempStyle 3.2 feedback thread - post bugs or feedback here

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Non-urgent (but annoying) suggestion: Can you make the filters stay put after browsing away and coming back? For example, I always had the News sections sorted by First Post rather than Last Post and while I can still do that with a few clicks, it seems to reset between visits.

@Cyan If you scroll to the bottom of the Forums and click Groups, it lists them without pictures.

Reactions: Sono

jhmiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The option "Collapse Similar Threads by default" does not seem to work.

1632650638880.png

1632650677019.png

When you give a "Like" the "Like" button does not change to "Unlike".
This is normal operation from now on?

Last edited by jhmiller,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As best I can tell, the user preference for this doesn't actually work.
Assuming its "Alerts pop-up skips mark read" I saw no difference with it disabled or enabled. Is it a different option or is that one broken?
I don't know, someone was saying that in the V8 announcement thread if you have the heart to check out all the comments page... I haven't looked into it myself
You can see my preferences below. It should work the same way as before looking at that, but it doesn't:

Screenshot_2021-09-26-12-04-19-566.png

Reactions: Seriel

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Edit: never mind, I found it... but that icon is very easy to miss.
I second this. I think the old placement with the text badge was better.

Reactions: VinsCool and Sono

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can see my preferences below. It should work the same way as before looking at that, but it doesn't:

View attachment 277173
Seems to be a bug in one of our addons.
I've applied a quick fix for now until the author can update it.
To get the old XF1 behaviour, those first two checkboxes should be unchecked (which is the default)

Reactions: Seriel and Scarlet

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a reason why members' stats are hidden below their avatars? I know it's a nitpick, but I liked seeing their no. of posts etc
You can view them by clicking the arrow:
1632664975197.png

Someone made a suggestion to make it visible by default earlier, I would sort of agree.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can view them by clicking the arrow:
View attachment 277198

Someone made a suggestion to make it visible by default earlier, I would sort of agree.

Yes I know that, but why is that there in the first place? I thought it was fine seeing them in their entirety by default. Surely, we can have an option to universally display it without clicking the expand arrow?

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some ads don't play nice.

Screenshot_20210926-112135.png

Google Pixel 4XL - Android 12 Beta - Chrome 94

Also a HUGE annoyance is that when the bottom banner ad refreshes, it gets rid of the on screen keyboard. You have to then click on the text field again to bring the keyboard back up. It has happened 4 times just typing this message.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Have you considered doing a 'Support' or 'Help' or so thread prefix? That seems like it might be useful to me since people asking for help threads are fairly common and currently people just seem to be marking them 'ROM Hack' or 'Homebrew' or something not super relevant since that's what the subforums were before and there's not really anything better I guess.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On mobile when pressing on a thread that has new posts, it seems like it doesn't always take me to the new posts, sometimes going to the original post on the first page instead. I tried twice in a row on one thread (in the Switch forum fwiw), first time I went to the original post, then I went back, and second time I went to the new posts.

Not just for that reason, but also in general, please could the "Jump to new" button that exists on the desktop site also be added to the mobile site? There looks to be space for it in the same kind of area to the right of the page numbers. Some links in certain parts of the site (eg. the front page headline links iirc) always take you to the start of the thread rather than the new posts anyway, so it would be really useful to have.

Last edited by hippy dave,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Ignore function is inconsistent. When going into a thread now, I can see most ignored posts and members. Kinda defeats the purpose.
Also have to fix my icon, I guess?

Oh, and now I have to block certain sections again. GROSS

Last edited by Kioku,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Not just for that reason, but also in general, please could the "Jump to new" button that exists on the desktop site also be added to the mobile site? There looks to be space for it in the same kind of area to the right of the page numbers. Some links in certain parts of the site (eg. the front page headline links iirc) always take you to the start of the thread rather than the new posts anyway, so it would be really useful to have.
It's hidden in the ⋮ overflow menu, but yeah, it definitely seems like there'd be space for it if the page selector was left-aligned.

Untitled.png

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.