Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
package.png
GBAtemp Tempmas Mini-Competition #9
Quick Quiz!

Yesterday's Competition Winner: Prophet! Congratulations Prophet! Your awe inspiring text almost brought a tear to my eye! Prize - a Supercard DS ONE! Here's Prophet's full entry:

[title:Prophet's winning entry]This past November marked my 6th year at gbatemp. I was 15 when I first came across the site, I'm now 21. I don't know why I wanted to say that but it's one of those strange things that when you realize it, just makes you pause and think. 6 years... it's kind of hard to put into words.

For me gbatemp has been many things, but I guess it started as a source of information. Rom, IRC, F-serv, VBA, BIOS, this stuff was like a foreign language to me and all I wanted to do was play pokemon on my computer. To be honest my google-fu (yahoo-fu to be exact) was weak then, half the time I ended up with a virus. But all the difficulties I ran into were kind of a blessing in disguise, because I eventually stumbled upon gbatemp. Like most people I joined because I was looking for assistance. I stayed however, because I had never encountered such a close knit online community. I remember when I first got on the EFnet channel, these guys were like my own personal customer support. Eager to help and quick to share. There were jokes and friendly teasing, but never no offense and certainly never any mean intentions; just good times. I guess the greatest thing about it all was how infectious it proved to be. It wasn't long before I was idled in #gbatemp, explaining DCC to "newbs" and throwing my own F-serv up whenever the channel got flooded for popular releases.

I'm far removed from those days now, I lack the time for IRC and I've lost touch with most of the buddies I made back then. But I still come to the site religiously. I tell myself I do it for the news, but I can never resist peeking over at the "Latest Discussions". It's like a slice of nostalgia for me. In many ways I feel like me and the temp grew up together. I've watched it slowly change and grow, while I made the occasional post from time to time. Little did I know that one day these posts could serve as a chronicling of my own growth, from child to man.

I have a lot of good memories, but like any relationship it hasn't always been sweet. Some days the site is a god damn annoyance, other days an unwanted distraction and I have on multiple occasions swore that I'm done. But I never stick to my word, because gbatemp is worth far more than it's minor flaws or occasional hiccups. To me gbatemp is a staple of my day, a source of humor, a well-spring of knowledge, a center for spirited debate and most importantly a friendly environment.

There really isn't anywhere else quite like it. -- Prophet

SC DS ONE kindly donated by MyGamingMart!​

quiz.png
It's the ninth day of Tempmas, and I will give to you - competition number 9 (and a partridge in a pear tree!). Sorry for the delay on this one, but we've had a few behind the scenes difficulties, but here we are! We are still internally voting on yesterday's winner and they will be announced soon!

c8.gif
Today's competition

As we have only given you approximately 10 hours to compete this one, today's competition is just a simple three question quiz! So get your thinking caps on and if you wish to enter, just send us an e-mail (details below) with the three answers. We will then randomly pick a winner who will be announced tomorrow! The only difference is - you must NOT post your answers in this thread... Unless you want less of a chance to win! Also, you are only allowed one entry in this competition. If you make multiple entries, (even if you've realised that you have made a mistake, etc.) only your first entry will be accepted.

Here are your THREE questions! Read them carefully!!

Question One) A UK newspaper once reported a story about a father who was up in arms about a GBA game he bought for his daughter that allegedly contained swear words in the introduction. On closer inspection, it was actually a pirate cart that had the scene intro still attached. What game was it?
Question Two) What was the name of the Game Boy Advance modification that shares its name with a popular 1980's SEGA arcade game?
Question Three) Velez & Dubail created which full 3D platform game (licensed) for the GBA?

icon14.gif
How to enter?
Please follow these instructions very carefully! We will not accept your entry if you fail to comply with all the instructions.
To enter, simply send an email to [email protected] with your entry.. As mentioned above, unlike previous competitions; you must NOT post your entry on the forums. We only accept entries via e-mail.

tempmaspackage.png
Winners & prizes
We will reveal the winner and the prize for this competition tomorrow, when the next competition is announced! Remember that prizes will be getting better and better at each competition, and that we will have a special contest on Christmas Eve! You have until tomorrow, 12:00am GMT to enter this competition!

smile.gif
Special Thanks
We would like to thank all the staff members that have been involved in the event organization so far, without forgetting our generous partner shops!

YallStore.com · KickGaming.com · IShopVideoGame · DealWoot
Remember that the best way you can support GBAtemp is to buy from our partner websites!

icon11.gif
GBAtemp Tempmas 2008 Advent Calendar

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I found the article mentioned on the first question, and it's not recent! That is misleading.

TSorbera

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't suppose anybody would be willing to give any more information on Question One...?
wink.gif
I'm completely stuck, I have no idea what to look for...the other two were easy enough.

rashef

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
Hehh. I had the most problems with question #3 xD.
1 & 2 - weren't that hard... especially 2 since i used it and knew it from the top of my head xD.

Also, congrats to TBA. You seem to win a lot of those mini competitions xD.

cas2007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dam you question 2 ahh a gba modification???????
Question 1 easy
Question 3 ok i hope my answers right its kinda crazy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc