Gaming GBAtemp Steam Community!

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I have a quick question... Age of Empires Online recently released on Steam as free to play. I already downloaded this from the xbox.com website (where it is also free). Is there a way I can link it to steam to have the shift + tab screen open or do I have to re-download it from steam?

Open Steam.
Click the 'Library' tab
Click '+ Add a Game..'
Click 'Add a Non-Steam Game...'
Select the game from the list or, if it is not there, click 'Browse...' and locate the .exe file
Click 'Add Selected Programs'
Done! :yay:

Optional: If the game's name is messed up from using the browse button right the game in your library, click properties and change the name in the first box.

Edit: Note, this will add it as a non-steam game. You will not be able to unlock achievements, look at your stats or see how your friends are doing on that game (also, if the game links with the Steam community you will not be able to easily join your friend's games). If you want this you'll probably be safest re-downloading the game through Steam - you will likely be able to keep your saves.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Started playing TF2 again, after 3 years of Steam not working. Having fun so far!

Found a crate, worth the keypurchase?

This crate contains one of the following items:
The Loch-n-Load
The Overdose
Knife
A Mann's Mint
After Eight
The Salty Dog
Bloke's Bucket Hat
or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item!
It's not really worth it tbh.
You could use the key to get any item you want and more through trading
Also if you're curious I know where you can buy a key for about $1.50

Edit: Made my sentence make a bit more sense.

Reactions: 1 person

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys I have a quick question... Age of Empires Online recently released on Steam as free to play. I already downloaded this from the xbox.com website (where it is also free). Is there a way I can link it to steam to have the shift + tab screen open or do I have to re-download it from steam?

Open Steam.
Click the 'Library' tab
Click '+ Add a Game..'
Click 'Add a Non-Steam Game...'
Select the game from the list or, if it is not there, click 'Browse...' and locate the .exe file
Click 'Add Selected Programs'
Done! :yay:

Optional: If the game's name is messed up from using the browse button right the game in your library, click properties and change the name in the first box.

Edit: Note, this will add it as a non-steam game. You will not be able to unlock achievements, look at your stats or see how your friends are doing on that game (also, if the game links with the Steam community you will not be able to easily join your friend's games). If you want this you'll probably be safest re-downloading the game through Steam - you will likely be able to keep your saves.
Oh ok, I kind of figured this, but thanks for confirming it. I guess I will re-download it with steam. Thanks!

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Also, is there any way to sell used Steam games? Like I'm sick of Killing Floor and want to sell it.

No.
Too bad. Hopefully they add that feature, ever. Although I highly doubt it, developers aren't such a big fan of used games
They aren't even small fans. Developers get annoyed second-hand sales of their games due to seeing no income. I would love the idea of selling used steam games though, would be nice.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Steam is great and all, and my opinion has changed in a big, positive, way compared to last year, but it's such a shame it's so often offline! I get so much Steam trading errors or Steam Community down errors, it's kind of a dealbreaker IMHO.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just wondering, it's going to be Steam Summer Sale soon, and I'm doubting between putting all my Paypal money on my Steam Wallet, or to invest all my Paypal money in TF2 keys, which I can then use to buy the on-sale games even cheaper.

Are the on-sale games tradable like all the other Steam games?
And how long does the sale of each game last, or is it just like 20 games that are on sale for a whole month in 1 go?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just wondering, it's going to be Steam Summer Sale soon, and I'm doubting between putting all my Paypal money on my Steam Wallet, or to invest all my Paypal money in TF2 keys, which I can then use to buy the on-sale games even cheaper.

And how long does the sale of each game last, or is it just like 20 games that are on sale for a whole month in 1 go?
If you really want to play these games then personally I'd put the money in your Steam wallet since there's a fair chance of having the copies you trade for revoked at a later date due to whoever bought them in the first case being less than honest,

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

If you really want to play these games then personally I'd put the money in your Steam wallet since there's a fair chance of having the copies you trade for revoked at a later date due to whoever bought them in the first case being less than honest,
But I guess that'll only happen when the game was giftable but not when it's tradable?
The thing is, Steam's same currency policy is really screwing us Europeans over, they just copy the USD price over and place EUR behind it, but that's not true at all. If I invest in keys I can get the games even cheaper than they would be in the US Steam Store.... That is an amazing deal and will save me at least ten euros.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bought some new games, got BF3 (origin though) and GTA IV Complete now. I don't mind at all if GBAtemp people add me on Steam, no problem.

Same name there as on here, Satangel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi