1. Tweaker_Modding

Tweaker_Modding Siezure Dice™

United Kingdom
    i really wish they remastered this or atleast gave it a sequel

2. DS1

DS1 伝説のサラリーマン

United States
    Hahaha you can drive Bandit? She needs premium, dude, PREMIUUUM!

One of my Simpsons loving buddies was a huge fan, I had no idea it was more than a cash grab until he brought it up multiple times.

Shadowfied likes this.
  3. Kazalber

Kazalber Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Guatemala
    Easily one of my all-time favorites! Originally played it on the GC, but years later I replayed the PC version and it's simply fantastic, challenging and entertaining.
    Funny enough, I was thinking about playing it again the other day.

4. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    Can you tell us more, please?

XDel likes this.
  5. wiired24

wiired24 Developer
    Developer

United States
    This is one game I would love to see a re-release for. So many good memories playing this on my PS2 back in the day.

6. RivenMain

RivenMain GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I like how they were like. We don't steal cars that wouldn't be pg 13. "We've all helped out the town at one point so everyone just lets us borrow their vehicle~ "
    I did enjoy the game, but I'll agree that if your someone who fancies graphics it hasn't aged that greatly then. But from a Simpson fans perspective it's got a ton of the towns and it's really enjoyable for that.

7. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes;Gate

Antarctica
    Yes, it is absolutely a love letter to the Simpsons show, but the gameplay didn't age well. The cars feels either too slow, either too fast, or too slippery. I'd recommend this solely for the gags and references.

8. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    Awesome game! GC version here, and played it on and off since .....actually the PC mod community mention further up - I never knew about this! That's a few hours browsing/hopefully downloading for me sorted then! Plus the excellent article in the first place - this topic gets a win win from me!

Chary likes this.
  9. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Canada
    Good article, but seriously Krista.. get out of town, try a more modern simpson game and you will fall in love again i swear!
    I suggest and would suggest to anyone who likes the simpsons to go for ''The Simpsons Game''

This one is insanely fun and tons of clichés with the show, and one small spoiler: you get to fight Matt Groening and..god!

Seriously tempers, give it a try!

10. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

United States
  11. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

Antarctica
    Oh I still have it on me original Xbox, loved it!

12. Brand Newman

Brand Newman Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Thanks for the review. If you're interested in giving this game a more "cartoony" look, I did a video and posted a tutorial to apply Reshade effect.

Cheers !

The video :

The tutorial :
    https://donutteam.com/forum/topic/2536

skinnyBIGGS and VinsCool like this.
  13. skinnyBIGGS

skinnyBIGGS Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Nice to see this game get some love and appreciation. It was a fun filled ride and enjoyed it a great deal . Missing the ps2 days

14. TheMrIron2

TheMrIron2 GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    I agree with the overall recommendation, but disagree that L4 onwards feels "tacked on".
    There are some brilliant new vehicles introduced later in the game, and in regards to the levels, L7 (while smaller than the original L1 it was based on) undergoes dramatic changes - the graveyard is now open and can be used for a great shortcut, Burns's mansion now has a new area you can access from the front of the power plant by climbing up the scaffolding, and many places undergo complete makeovers.

I also think you're exaggerating the difficulty assessment for the later game. Not only does it give you the option to skip a mission if you fail it about three times to prevent too much frustration, but most of the missions from the later game are reasonably beatable in one shot. The toxic waste one was certainly frustrating but provided a good challenge by the end of the game. Most of the other missions in the later levels are still not terribly difficult.

Deserves a re-release in any case.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Recommends, Simpsons, GBAtemp