Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks gbatemp!
biggrin.gif
long-time lurker over here, but still love gbatemp to this day, esp after winning! congrats to everyone, this was a tough, well-thought out quiz. the voip one and the manhunt2 questions were tough imo. good luck to everyone on the next one.
yaynds.gif

Tristan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
grog.gif
contest was fun...
I got 25/25 [in other word 24/24 based on getting manhunt 2 right but it being taken out]

Some good old rom/game info.. never realized those eyes in the name.. sort of cool to learn that.

jamesquity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, i won. Cant believe that, i entered and won this quiz and never entered the other quiz and christmas ttds. Thanks GBAtemp and team acekard. I feel sorry for all the otehr ppl who didnt won.

As with clone accounts, i never made another one, but i though gbatemp checks IP address? Or is it impossible 2 check and be accurate? I guess ppl could change ip though.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the same # of people who took this test Paypal GBATemp/Shaunj66 $1 then we can raise enough money for another GBATemp quiz with over 100 flash cart prizes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warm Woolly Sheep said:
Are you serious? Controversy question was easy!

How many people got all 25 right, including controversy question?
It had no correct answer, so it certainly wasn't 'easy'. Out of curiousity, which answer are you claiming was the 'easy' correct one? It certainly wasn't Manhunt, which I assume is your unlucky guess:

Bully was extremely controversial in Britain, actually, to the point where it got the attention of the government and spawned multiple protest marches: Here.

Likewise it was controversal in Canada: here.

It was banned in Brazil.

And it was controversal in the US and elsewhere for homosexual content: Here.

Looking at all that, you can't really tell me you don't think this is a large amount of international controversy.

Those were all over the news. That is a 'large amount' of controversy by any standard. If you answered Manhunt, you definitely got the question wrong, and five seconds of googling would have revealed your error. Obviously, Manhunt was also controversal, but not particularly more than Bully (which had a much longer-lasting controversy over its multiple releases, devoted to many seperate aspects of the game.) Neither one can reasonably be called a correct answer.

Of course, No More Heroes and Resident Evil 4 were much less controversial than those two, so 'all of the above' was also not right (although I would argue it was the closest, since those two at least had some limited controversies.)

But really, the question had no correct answer. I knew something was wrong with the question as soon as I looked at it, since it gave a list of two of the most controversal games in recent memory, and two that weren't really that controversal overall.

jamesquity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
If the same # of people who took this test Paypal GBATemp/Shaunj66 $1 then we can raise enough money for another GBATemp quiz with over 100 flash cart prizes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i doubt alot of people woul;d do that, plus some people here dont have a paypal account/credit card. But thats a interesting idea.

QUOTE(Loginer @ May 29 2008, 10:51 PM) YAAAAAAY! I never thought I would win! :3

congratz
toot.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...