GBAtemp Quiz #2 open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooldad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To stop all the lying on wikipedia, can an admin or someone post a list of all the correct answers? Then we can make sure wikipedia tells the truth.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cooldad said:
To stop all the lying on wikipedia, can an admin or someone post a list of all the correct answers? Then we can make sure wikipedia tells the truth.
then everyone would just look in here cheat on the quiz...

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
In your case Joe88, you could look up the definition of "sarcasm" on Wikipedia.
I'm pretty sure that would help.

TheCruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now when you say this question, "What was the first European GBA scene release?" do you mean the first game to have like a movie? Or the first game for Europe? I'm really puzzled by this question :/.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
What!? With people filling wiki's with false info, I'm honestly not sure tht would help at all.
People sure do love using wikipedia for their research. If anyone knew how to contact Wikipedia on vandalism, they could tell them that people are changing it with false info. I don't know how to contact them, so I am currently just constantly just attempting to revert the wiki pages on the history page. It's not funny at all, and I think there are other people still trying to fix it. They report it as "possible vandalism" but they fix it wrong. I think some are confused.

QUOTE(TheCruiser @ May 16 2008, 06:28 PM) Now when you say this question, "What was the first European GBA scene release?" do you mean the first game to have like a movie? Or the first game for Europe? I'm really puzzled by this question :/.
The "GBA scene" is not a movie scene. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's a group or groups of people that release rips of games. There are normally lists(I won't tell you where!) that show release dates and what region game it is.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
TheCruiser said:
Now when you say this question, "What was the first European GBA scene release?" do you mean the first game to have like a movie? Or the first game for Europe? I'm really puzzled by this question :/.

The first European game dumped and released by the GBA scene groups.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
TheCruiser said:

QUOTE(Renegade_R @ May 16 2008, 03:01 AM) Yes...a scene release is a ROM released into onto the internet which is clearly labeled and numbered so it can be categorized. This is to ensure that duplicates are avoided and resources are not wasted.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
xumasso said:
I surely learned a lot with this quiz!

I hope everyone also did! ehehe
I've learned that some ppl are willing to do almost anything (including altering Wikipedia) to win a $25 flashkart

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, you have two weeks to turn in this quiz so why not read the thread in the meantime? It's been said before that:
Doing additional research is allowed (i.e. Wikipedia, Google, etc) and is therefore not cheating
Vandalizing Wikipedia so that others get incorrect answers is illegal and will get you banned/suspended
It's better to use other sources besides Wikipedia. It doesn't have all of the answers.

And um, it would be nice to be able to have the people who already completed the quiz be able to discuss it in another forum but we're not trustworthy enough =/ Waiting for two weeks, it will probably blow over XD

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Should we report people/IPs changing wikis or just wait for people admitting to it? I agree that people shouldn't use Wikipedia... Almost fell for that trap until I started double checking with google.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
Should we report people/IPs changing wikis or just wait for people admitting to it? I agree that people shouldn't use Wikipedia... Almost fell for that trap until I started double checking with google.
erm
if they did it
i doubt they would admit it
woolysheep or w/e was just really stupid
i mean, the admins could have tracked him/it anyway
so basically he/it set him/itself up for lots of flaming and insults

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I sure have noticed a huge spike of users and posts lately... A bunch of them just say the same thing the above said with slightly modified words. Also a lot of threads bumped. I don't think that this quiz is helping GBATemp get more users, just scares away the older ones.

Edit: But then again, if the quiz required a certain amount of posts(around 100 maybe), GBATemp would be open to a lot of posts(probably more than half will be spam...).

Valdure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun quiz, I learned alot of cool useless game trivia. Kind of makes me feel bad to just be a lurker here but you know so many internet communities, so little time. Anyways good luck on winning that acekard (hopefully me, would be my first one
smile.gif
). *fingers crossed*

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
I sure have noticed a huge spike of users and posts lately... A bunch of them just say the same thing the above said with slightly modified words. Also a lot of threads bumped. I don't think that this quiz is helping GBATemp get more users, just scares away the older ones.

Edit: But then again, if the quiz required a certain amount of posts(around 100 maybe), GBATemp would be open to a lot of posts(probably more than half will be spam...).

certain post counts are good, but i seen a forum before where people spammed constantly tring to get post counts up. But usually they get banned for spamming.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wth. omg. people did really vandalize wikipedia.
ffs douche bags thats just completely not on.
you dont just deface pages from a site that provides info for everyone just so it can improve your chances of getting a $25 card. Its only $25!
you bunch of assholes.

I seriously agree with someone who posted earlier and believe that it be better that gbatemp locked out new registrations as soon as quiz starts to prevent people from posting this whole thing around 43242 forums to attract people who dont give a rat's ass about gba temp and just register to win the card then never to be heard from again. Should have locked it then make an anouncement that future quizes will happen for those who missed out instead and ask them to stick around in the mean time.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blahman said:
I seriously agree with someone who posted earlier and believe that it be better that gbatemp locked out new registrations as soon as quiz starts to prevent people from posting this whole thing around 43242 forums to attract people who dont give a rat's ass about gba temp and just register to win the card then never to be heard from again. Should have locked it then make an anouncement that future quizes will happen for those who missed out instead and ask them to stick around in the mean time.

i do agree very strongly
what if the random 50 from lets say, the 1000 people whom, like half are normal members
and the other half just signing up
:/
i just dont think its very fair because all they do is sign up and win

but if the admins allowed it
i guess they have some superior reason behind it..
i hope

Passa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you crazy? The giveaway isn't so GBAtemp can reward their regulars.. it's to attract new members, to make the site grow. More visitors to the site is only a good thing - why wouldn't some of the visitors sign up and decide that they like the site and want to visit it more often? Although I can see many being turned off by this 'elitist' attitude shown by regulars.

Honestly some of you are just plain greedy. Going through this thread, all I could do was shake my head as people bitched about 'new members' (almost like bogans complaining about 'New Australians' in the 60s haha), whining about how their flashcards broke recently and acting like the Wiki edits were the end of the world, demanding compensation and such.

The giveaway quiz was supposed to bring excitement here, instead people are having a huge whinge. It's a $25 card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn