GBAtemp Quiz #2 open!

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Costello, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2008

GBAtemp Quiz #2 open! by Costello at 5:53 PM (39,870 Views / 0 Likes) 504 replies

1. Costello
    OP

Administrator Costello Headmaster

[​IMG] GBAtemp Quiz #2 open!
    Win 1 of 50 Acekard 2 cards
    Acekard 2 Give-away Quiz
    Absolute Last Chance

Less than 1hr remaining!

[​IMG]

*Update* The quiz will close at 17:20 GMT so this is your absolute last chance to enter! Remember, entry is absolutely free so please don't hesitate to enter! Registration is free and entry is free, what have you got to lose? Good luck!!

GBAtemp is proud to open it's 2nd official quiz! We have 50 (yes, 50!!) Acekard 2 flash kits, which you can see above, to give away to the lucky winners. Each kit comprises of a slot-1 Acekard 2 flash card and micro SD USB memory card reader. All you have to do to get in with a chance to win is to register on our site (if you aren't already signed up) and answer 25 general gaming knowledge multiple-choice questions!

Quiz entries will be accepted for 2 full weeks starting now, so the closing date is 29th May 2008. There is NO time limit once you start the quiz and there is no higher chance of winning the faster you enter, so please feel free to take your time before you complete the quiz and submit - as you can only do it once!

Once the competition closes we will count how many completely correct submissions there are - if there are less than 50, then those who completed it correctly and those with the nearest amount of correct answers (randomisation will be in place if there are too many to make the number of winners up to 50) will be chosen as the winners, if there are exactly 50 correct entries; then those 50 members win, if there are more than 50 correct entries than all names will be randomly shuffled and 50 names will be picked from the results at random.

We hope you enjoy taking the quiz and wish you the best of luck! We'd also like to thank the Acekard Team for offering these prizes to our community.

Please take a moment to read through the complete rule list below if you have any more questions before asking a staff member.
    Competition Rules

2. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Nice, entering now!
    Looks tough [​IMG]

Thanks fellas [​IMG]

3. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Thanks for hosting such an event [​IMG]

4. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Good luck to everyone. Hope I win though.

5. Jeda

Member Jeda GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Wow looks a lot harder than last time. Good luck @ all

6. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I'll be taking the test tomorrow, now I'm heading home from my work..

Good luck to everyone, and hopefully, we'll be all winners [​IMG] (but only 50 will get the prize [​IMG] )..

Cheers.

7. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    Finished taking it. I'm pretty sure I got a bunch wrong, which means I'm probably not winning(unless I guessed right on all I didn't know), but good luck to everyone else. [​IMG]

And congratz to anyone who actually knows all of these answers offhand. You are a person filled with useless knowledge(except in this one case [​IMG]). [​IMG] No, but seriously, congratulations.

Edit: And I know you said take your time, but you either know the answers or you don't. Shouldn't take any person long to complete it. Anyone who needs a lot of time is obviously doing something they shouldn't... which is looking up the answers. [​IMG]

8. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Just realised that I may have the last question wrong. Depends on whether a certain console includes the follow up that has an increase in power.

9. Neko

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany
    That quiz sure was hard. The only thing I struggled was The Chain Chomp (Thank god for VC releases otherwise I wouldn't have played THAT mario game for ages) and the Flashcard one. I hope that the + was right. [​IMG]

10. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm drowning in these things. Will somebody please take them off me? [​IMG]

11. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Just finished the quiz - c'mon guys, that wasn't that hard! [​IMG]

Thanks for doing this staff, and thanks Acekard team [​IMG]

BTW, that's only 49 Acekards in the picture!

Or is it? [​IMG]

12. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    nicely done, I just finished entering

13. MAD_BOY

Member MAD_BOY Lazy bum

Netherlands
    exactly, been having doubts of that question for almost 10 mins now
    The rest of the quiz wasn't that hard for me, I love remembering the useless stuff.

14. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    OK, ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

That question is self-explanatory. It means exactly what it says it means. "GameBoy" is just one system. It's had redesigns over the years, but Color and Advance are two completely separate systems. Basically, if it's COMPLETELY NEW and RETITLED hardware, it's not included. GameBoy means GameBoy, and that's it. Not Super GameBoy, not Gameboy Color, not Advance; JUST GameBoy. I shouldn't even need to tell you that, it's common sense. [​IMG]

15. Neko

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany
    That Question was easy. I just read the news about the sales being still good even though it's lastgen. [​IMG]

At first I wanted to give the signature a mario but I though : nah , wasn't it something weird. Not sure if it's correct but I hope I'm right. [​IMG]

Edit:
    Hehe , I'm speaking in puzzles. [​IMG]

16. Dingler

Member Dingler GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    Does "Nintendogs" mean the series or just one of the games? And if so, why dosn't pokémon count as two games?

17. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Nintendogs means the whole series (basically one game) just as Pokémon does. This is the way they are counted in VG Charts.

18. walkearth

Newcomer walkearth Member

Bulgaria
    I finished it! I'm pretty sure of some answers. But some were wild guesses [​IMG]
    Hope I win! Good luck to everyone! [​IMG]

19. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ehm, I already edited my post to remove answers, just to find out Ten Seconds later it was removed! Nice timing!

Repost:

I had to do some research on the AceKard card because I never heard of it, and had to pull out my old copy of Doom to find that first key. Nice quiz in overall though [​IMG]

20. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Phew that was hard.

Will do [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.