Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkAura said:
I think I got real bad. I just went right through it. Meh, if I win, I'd be happy.
smile.gif
All I'm wondering is where shaun gets all these flashcarts. There was the Christmas thing with like 50 DSTT's, and then a couple of Cyclo's and now 50 AK's. How?!
wtf.gif
Because the companies that make them know that this website is pretty high-profile in the scene. 50 carts don't cost so much in terms of their overall budget, and getting a mention on GBAtemp's front page in a giveaway like this is good advertising... which they know will go directly to the people who are most likely to be buying carts (ie us).

Not only that, but I suspect that the people who frequent this site tend to be flashcart 'evangelists' -- notice how many people are interested in getting carts for their friends? We've probably all recommended one flashcart or another to a less technogically-inclined friend once or twice. If they give away 50 carts to people on this site, and each of us finds it reliable and tells one or two friends to buy one, they'll make a profit. If those friends tell people to buy them and it spreads by word of mouth, they could make even more.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont like wiki, although i like wiki, just dont like the ppl making crap up. Like one time i was researching about joan miro. The sculpture was named piece of shit in French, which was wrong, and someone changed it a few years ago, n no one notice. I'm glad i figure it out and didnt give a presentation saying the sculpture was a piece of shit in fr.

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ruri said:
DarkAura said:
I think I got real bad. I just went right through it. Meh, if I win, I'd be happy.
smile.gif
All I'm wondering is where shaun gets all these flashcarts. There was the Christmas thing with like 50 DSTT's, and then a couple of Cyclo's and now 50 AK's. How?!
wtf.gif
Because the companies that make them know that this website is pretty high-profile in the scene. 50 carts don't cost so much in terms of their overall budget, and getting a mention on GBAtemp's front page in a giveaway like this is good advertising... which they know will go directly to the people who are most likely to be buying carts (ie us).

Not only that, but I suspect that the people who frequent this site tend to be flashcart 'evangelists' -- notice how many people are interested in getting carts for their friends? We've probably all recommended one flashcart or another to a less technogically-inclined friend once or twice. If they give away 50 carts to people on this site, and each of us finds it reliable and tells one or two friends to buy one, they'll make a profit. If those friends tell people to buy them and it spreads by word of mouth, they could make even more.
Which is why I laugh at my friends that say R4 is the best . . . when clearly there are better and cheaper things out there, yet they don't believe me. So when their R4 breaks down (happened 3 times already) , I laugh and then tell them to get what I recommended in the first place (if it is irreparable.)

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
Wow, I gotta really thank this quiz some more. I never heard of the game Battle Stadium D.O.N. I'm gonna try getting that game. It caught my attention. I never knew it was released. It's a mix of Shonen Jump's most popular anime/mangas in one fighting game.. Dragball Z, One Piece, Naruto (hence, D.O.N). I just searched some videos up on youtube.

This quiz just keeps getting and better for me.
biggrin.gif
Cheers.
yeah I knew about D.O.N since at college they play that game in the lunch room. Currently they have been playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I didn't know about Dream Mix TV: World Fighters which looks a lot like the Super Smash Bros. series.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BoneMonkey said:
HAHAHA @ the losers who used wiki to cheat HAHAHAHA

*sigh*
QUOTE(Costello @ May 14 2008, 05:44 PM) The questions are, for most, pretty tough and will probably require some intense googling.
We dont consider doing some research to be "cheating". You'll see!

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xaznwi3rd0 said:
I hope I win.
laugh.gif

My hearts beating so fast right now.
lol your hearts gonna be beating fast for another .. 2 weeks!

thanks again shaun and costello (and others) for making this possible
im sure all of us are really excited
its gonna boost our members too
hopefully, they will join because of the quiz
and stay because they will see what a wonderful family (yes, family) we are!

oh and about that wikipedia thing
i do feel like whoever did that should be disqualified and/or banned
but then again
it is their own fault for trusting wiki
its a good site and all (i use it mainly to check my info)
we shouldnt make such a big fuss
good luck all :]

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Salamantis said:
BoneMonkey said:

*sigh*
QUOTE(Costello @ May 14 2008, 05:44 PM) The questions are, for most, pretty tough and will probably require some intense googling.

That was cheating, the person who modified the Wiki is already suspended.

xaznwi3rd0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
xaznwi3rd0 said:
I hope I win.
laugh.gif

My hearts beating so fast right now.
lol your hearts gonna be beating fast for another .. 2 weeks!

thanks again shaun and costello (and others) for making this possible
im sure all of us are really excited
its gonna boost our members too
hopefully, they will join because of the quiz
and stay because they will see what a wonderful family (yes, family) we are!

oh and about that wikipedia thing
i do feel like whoever did that should be disqualified and/or banned
but then again
it is their own fault for trusting wiki
its a good site and all (i use it mainly to check my info)
we shouldnt make such a big fuss
good luck all :]
Ugh, 2 weeks
sleep.gif
I can't wait
smile.gif

Yeah, I think I got owned by whoever wiki'd the pedia. D:< I used Wikipedia for one or two answers.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
BoneMonkey said:

*sigh*

my bad i thought that was cheating

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i just took the quiz and i think i did well.

good luck to everyone else, and please dont change wikis and rig things.
grog.gif

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I took the quiz thought I did pretty well (except I forgot to answer one of the questions T_T) then I read the wiki thing so now I'm worried. lol

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I did notice some Wikipedia poisoning because of this contest. Are you kids really that selfish? Please win it fairly. On another note though, back in my day I so wanted the clear Gameboy. I never got it though
frown.gif

I would like to mention it here actually...please be careful when Googling your answers...even though you shouldn't be and use your own knowledge of the gaming industry...the last thing I would want would be some stupid kid winning something because they thought it would be smart to poison wikipedia.

One more thing...I would like to commend the ones who are reverting the wiki poisoning.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes...a scene release is a ROM released into onto the internet which is clearly labeled and numbered so it can be categorized. This is to ensure that duplicates are avoided and resources are not wasted.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoNSTaR said:
Searching wikipedia for the answers is not cheating.

Modifying it so other people will obtain incorrect answers is cheating.
Exactly. Modifying the wiki was like removing the chance of winning from many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy