Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ferrariman said:
Opium said:
I've suspended Warm Woolly Sheep for 10 days. We'll decide what to do with him after that. What he did was very low and it goes without saying in the rules: 'Thou shalt not try and rig the contest'
He changed the right and wrong answers? He used a wiki for answears? I don't get it!

he changed the correct answers on wikipedia to wrong... false information...

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Issac said:
ferrariman said:
Opium said:
I've suspended Warm Woolly Sheep for 10 days. We'll decide what to do with him after that. What he did was very low and it goes without saying in the rules: 'Thou shalt not try and rig the contest'
He changed the right and wrong answers? He used a wiki for answears? I don't get it!

he changed the correct answers on wikipedia to wrong... false information...
That crazy. Glad I didn't use the net for my answers

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
O shi- I used wiki for one question, the wiiware thingy.... I saw 2 answers, may 10th, and 12th. Sh**..... And I think I chose the wrong answer.....

EDIT: I have no chance of winning now ㅠ.ㅠ...... And I needed a flashkart to give to my friend for his birthday.....

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ferrariman said:
That crazy. Glad I didn't use the net for my answers
I'll admit that there were some questions I needed to double check, but I didn't go straight to wikipedia for my answers unless they were like, the first result on google. (I used emulators, rom sources, my own knowledge, etc as necessary.)
It's hardly a crime to research your answers, it's basically what we do in an education system in order to pass a test, doing this quiz is like doing homework.
I hope nobody else tries to rig the contest, I want everyone to have the same fair chance with the information available on the net.

That guy almost got me on the Wii Ware one actually, if I had done the quiz later or earlier I might have failed that one...

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe someone went and change wiki pages to show false information. That is low, really low. Good thing I didn't used wikipedia and when I did it was before the change but still that is low. That person should be disqualified.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Warm Wooly Sheep, that was low
dry.gif

Guys, cheating isn't cool - besides, all the answers are Google-able!

Dontquiz.png

(Hehe, that's funny Tri!)

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz said:
O shi- I used wiki for one question, the wiiware thingy.... I saw 2 answers, may 10th, and 12th. Sh**..... And I think I chose the wrong answer.....

EDIT: I have no chance of winning now ?.?...... And I needed a flashkart to give to my friend for his birthday.....
ouch. that sucks. Stupid riggers

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:

EDIT: I have no chance of winning now ?.?...... And I needed a flashkart to give to my friend for his birthday.....
I used cnn, an article came up right under wiki it saying wii ware launched on...
in the website preview

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the FUCK? WHAT? Warm Wolly Sheep, you seriously are a fucking jackass! You've just ruined my and a lot of other people's chances of winning! I seriously am fucking pissed off now, I actually thought that I would win something in my life, but no, not anymore, since I used Wikipedia to do some research. I seriously want the mods to give us another chance at winning, even Costello said that you probably will need to do some research. That's what I did, and now look, yay!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:

Ouch, I'm sorry.
I also want the Acekard 2 to give as a gift for someone, since I'm happy with my CycloDS right now.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No one going to listen, but can you Admin change the quiz to a random draw for these poor folk? At least they will have a chance. or maybe like 25 for all good answers and the other 25 random. Stupid riggers.
mad.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ferrariman said:
No one going to listen, but can you Admin change the quiz to a random draw for these poor folk? At least they will have a chance. Stupid riggers.
mad.gif
How are you going to give everyone who was cheated a chance to win or re-answer? It won't work.
I mean, what if someone got the Gameboy Colour question wrong not because of the wiki edit, but their own mistake? We can't give them another chance...
unsure.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ban Warm Wooly Sheep... his rigging the contest didn't mess me up, but it probably messed a lot of people up. He really fucked with this contest, its despicable.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a feeling someone was going to change the answer on Wiki, that's basically why I waited a bit first. I was smart enough to look at the bottom of the page to see it was changed on May 15th. I just thought "ah.. so some GBATemp'ers been here.."

Still haven't answered the quiz yet.. people take your time. You have TWO whole weeks to answer. Don't rush on it..

Good luck to the rest of the contestants.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
RupeeClock said:
ferrariman said:
No one going to listen, but can you Admin change the quiz to a random draw for these poor folk? At least they will have a chance. Stupid riggers.
mad.gif
How are you going to give everyone who was cheated a chance to win or re-answer? It won't work.
I mean, what if someone got the Gameboy Colour question wrong not because of the wiki edit, but their own mistake? We can't give them another chance...
unsure.gif
True... nothing we can do... You guys have to admit though, as low as that was, you should've double check your answers with other sources for those of you who aren't doing this for the fun of it.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
ferrariman said:
mad.gif

Look here:
QUOTE(Costello @ May 14 2008, 05:44 PM)
The questions are, for most, pretty tough and will probably require some intense googling.
We dont consider doing some research to be "cheating". You'll see!

It's not cheating. I don't think many people will know answers to all of those questions without doing a search first and get everything good.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think I used wiki for anything except for one answer about game sales
everything else came from other sites

Im not gonna complain or scream/rant ect... if I dont win, its just a giveaway sweepstakes after all

RevLTD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I knew a lot of the japanese answers for the games. (Big import gamer here.) Some I knew off hand, not all of them, such as the chain chomp one as i didn't play lots of retro games. Doom one was easy, as I play it on my psp all the time. GL to all though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land