GBAtemp Quiz #2 closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Manhunt 2 was obvious...its was touted as a Wii game (despite its PS2 release) and No More Heroes was cartoony enough to avoid controversy. Resident Evil 5 had controversy, not Resident Evil 4 and finally Bully had controversy on the PS2 but it didn't carry over as much to the Wii...

It was a question to separate the men from the boys...oh well
tongue.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PickleHead said:
I chose all of the above because I knew manhunt was correct and I also saw no more heroes as having a controversy due to the censorship in non-US countries. And with all my experience with multiple choice tests, if two are correct, then all of the above must be true. Thank you for taking out that question.
Except No More Heroes was not correct. Search for "No more heroes controversy" and tell me if you can find anything.

Also, if a game were that controversial, it would have a section about it in Wikipedia, and I don't believe anything was changed for this question.

Mr.Guy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
PickleHead said:
I chose all of the above because I knew manhunt was correct and I also saw no more heroes as having a controversy due to the censorship in non-US countries. And with all my experience with multiple choice tests, if two are correct, then all of the above must be true. Thank you for taking out that question.
Except No More Heroes was not correct. Search for "No more heroes controversy" and tell me if you can find anything.

Here you go http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=89634 first thing I saw when I searched.
rofl.gif

PickleHead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just because it wasn't a huge controversy reported at major news outlets doesn't mean it's not a controversy. It was a controversy among the gamers.

edit: besides it doesn't matter the question is out anyway.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Guy said:
DeMoN said:
PickleHead said:

Here you go http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=89634 first thing I saw when I searched.
rofl.gif

I saw that too, and it clearly mentions, Manhunt 2 controversy.

Just because it wasn't a huge controversy reported at major news outlets doesn't mean it's not a controversy. It was a controversy among the gamers.

Except the question asked for a large amount of international controversy, not a small amount of gamer controversy.

wolfeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, the correct answer to 11, based on how it was phrased should be: "all of the above" imho

but at any rate, will we be able to view our quiz scores? that would be cool. [as would winning hehe]

edit:

PickleHead said:

YES! exactly, finally someone who sees the logic. if the answer to a multiple choice question contains "all of the above" and at least TWO other answers fill the criteria of the question then it MUST be "all of the above". if in fact the true answer was NOT all of the above then it was the right move of gbatemp to disqualify the question.

123noob321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PickleHead said:

edit: besides it doesn't matter the question is out anyway.
yeah it dosent really matter.
wacko.gif
looking at the question...I guess I can see why they might have wanted to take it out..hm.
rolleyes.gif

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
11 was obviously manhunt 2. Anyone familiar with the Wii scene, or who spent a good 10 minutes researching, would come to the same conclusion.

Come on, Resident Evil 4 controversial? Nobody had anything to say about it, or any of the other re-releases.

J

Jackreyes

WildWon said:
BoneMonkey said:
in the US bully was undercontraversy too cause it was fromt he GTA creators and it was about a kid who fights back bullies and i think this was all during all that highschool gun violence

that what confused me

but im pretty sure i picked manhunt

While thats true, it wasn't really international controversy. Bully was another Jack Thompson bitch-fest. It was only really under observation in the US.
Manhunt 2 for the Wii was getting shit on all over the world lol.
OBJECTION!

In the UK a few major tabloids made a big fuss about the game.

gorillazfan1210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't some complete idiot moan about the zombies in RE:4 being black, and therefore the game was racist or whatever?

I know this doesn't change the fact that it was obviously Manhunt 2, but still, I'd like to throw it into the ring.

Edit: never mind, that was RE:5.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah.. thanks for the Acekard Team from providing those great cards.. and the admins for organizing this lovely event.. and everyone who participated. Too bad that there can be only one winner.. ME! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Oh wait.. there can be 50 winners.. erm.. ME AND 49 OTHERS! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
Deletable_Man said:
What was question 11, again?
tongue.gif
Which Wii title stirred up a large amount of international controversy?

- Bully: Scholarship Edition
- Manhunt 2
- No More Heroes
- Resident Evil 4
- All of the above

The CORRECT answer (that we chose) was Manhunt 2.

I thought that game was a controversy on PS2, didn't even realize it was being made for Wii since it was a controversial game of that sort.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Yeah.. thanks for the Acekard Team from providing those great cards.. and the admins for organizing this lovely event.. and everyone who participated. Too bad that there can be only one winner.. ME! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Oh wait.. there can be 50 winners.. erm.. ME AND 49 OTHERS! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
It will be me and 48 other users.
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo