GBAtemp news request: translations in the emulation scene

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by glysegui, Aug 3, 2011.

1. glysegui
    OP

Newcomer glysegui Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I'd like to suggest a new entry in the news section, if possible. I'm not sure how contributing to the news page works, but if a random homebrew game can make it there, I'd like to give it a shot as well.

The news topic I'd like to have published in the news section would be a weekly updated list of new translations in the emulation scene. Not really under the impression that a similar article, or topic, exists already.

Thanks,
    Glys

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    We certainly cover any interesting rom hacks or translations we come across around here.
    Granted it is not necessarily one of our main focuses as far as the other consoles go (GBA, DS, GC or Wii and they will be there front and centre) and I am not sure what our policy is on partial translations not to mention there are only a handful per month so it might be better suited to a semi regular feature.

3. glysegui
    OP

Netherlands
    I see. Wouldn't the creation of an admin-stickied thread be appropriate for something this moderately important?

4. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    If you're really interested in that kind of news, get it from here: http://www.romhacking.net/ . They have an RSS feed, so you can be updated with your tool of choice. They even do a roundup if you've missed anything.

5. glysegui
    OP

Netherlands
    Have used RH's RSS feed for a long time now. Much more bent on sharing the news with other users, ignorant of the existence of the large amount of translations available.