Gbatemp is full of weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure the Japanese would find it annoying just as I think it's f**kin retarded when white dudes act or dress like their gangsta.
Just some skinny douche bags, you know what I mean. I just want to bitch slap some of them and watch them cry.
-venting *phew*

I like japanese culture it's very interesting shit even my girlfriend is japanese but I don't go to extreme by getting obsessive like most wapanese. I'm also sure the japanese don't mind wapanese since they buy so much henai/anime food and other cultural accessories.

Just my thought and venting.

-I'm white btw
ph34r.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xJonny said:
Linkiboy said:
There are no serious Wapanese that inhabit here, at least not a large quantity. Enjoying anime =/= wapanese.

Hmm, getting defensive are we?

Hmm?..
Hmm?..
Hmm?..
Hmm?..

Jokes.
):

I IZ NOT A WEEABOOO

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Yays! I absolutely love everything Japanese (cept the icky stuff), and by that site I am not a Weeaboo... Too many no answers, ya know??? So as my High School ring states, I think that I am just your above average otaku!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cosmo2389 said:
Yays! I absolutely love everything Japanese (cept the icky stuff), and by that site I am not a Weeaboo... Too many no answers, ya know??? So as my High School ring states, I think that I am just your above average otaku!

Holy crap, now you are a weeaboo.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not amptor, per say. and also I haven't seriously watched anime in over a year nor have I wanted to become one who mingles at anime *cough* nerd *cough* conventions >:D

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
That wikipage on wapaneses really made med laugh
tongue.gif
. Anyways about weabos, man i dunno where to start with them. It's amazing though how popular the japanese culture has become over these past few years, especially in my country, and especially on the internet. And that wikipage pretty much nailed it !
rofl2.gif

Here's something i thought of when reading about weabos and such and i thought might share that experience with y'all. I once saw this poster that said some people were going to start a club of some sorts where people would play video games every tuesday evening, and it was for free! So i thought to myself "sure wth, it'll be fun kicking some peoples butt on video games", so i went there and had a pretty fun time. Thankfully though i brought my friend with me since most people there were....hmmm...how should i put this in a nice way.....reeeally socially inexperienced. But wth i wasn't going to hold that against them or anything. (i know this story might seem of but just bear out with me)

Anyways, after we're done playing they say that they've also got like an animé movie night thingie aswell and asked if me and my friend wanted to join them. Since i do watch one piece, and read fullmetal alchemist and gto i thought it sounded kinda fun. So i went and to my surprise there were actually quite a few people there, many which were japanese. We watched the movie (which was wack but still kinda good) and afterwards me and my friend started talking with some of the japanese exchange students. Me and my friend mentioned the extremely increased interest in japanese culture and then one of the other dudes told us "how japan was", even though he'd never been there. And man o man did he get his bubble burst
rofl2.gif

The japanese exchange students told us the image people had of that japan was really animé/manga fixated, and that people believe cosplay is something most japanese do, or some other thing the dude mentioned of some gaming groups, where people meet and do nothing but play video-games all night (pretty much what we did but all day and always), well was to say the least very wrong. The people that are in those video game groups, or did do alot of cosplay, or have crazy purple hair and stuff were a really small minority of people and that most people stop reading manga and stuff at about 14-16 year of age.

And even though it was really funny to hear about how it really was, it was still kinda sad in a way. I mean sure i really like one piece and fullmetal alchemist, but i like them cuz they're good and not cuz they're japanese. But the issue here is that many people probably become extremely narow minded and well, miss out on many other things which are great but still "outside of japan".
tongue.gif

People need to start looking other ways aswell and find beauty in other things, like i love japanese culture, but i also love indian culture, french culture, middle-eastern culture and believe it or not but even american culture
nyanya.gif
I find them all very fascinating!

Oh and sorry for the serious post on a testing area topic, just wanted to say what was on my mind
happy.gif

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh and i'm prolly exagurating on the narowminded part maybe but still you can't deny that the risk of that happening is very possible
tongue.gif

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Lots of people are Dutchaboo.

Because the Dutch invented sex and the rest of the world just copied it.

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am not a weeabo because.

I have no intention of EVER learning japanese, EVER.
Tentacles belong in the ocean.
Most Anime Sucks.
J-pop scares me.

But whats so bad about cultural integration as long as you know who YOU are?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SkankyYankee said:
I am not a weeabo because.

I have no intention of EVER learning japanese, EVER.
Tentacles belong in the ocean.
Most Anime Sucks.
J-pop scares me.

But whats so bad about cultural integration as long as you know who YOU are?

This is identical to me. +1

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
A person's ability to appreciate other culture is amazing, however, taking it to another level in which you reject your OWN culture is completely wrong. Every culture is interesting, and the fact that you reject your own is in a way destroying a culture. Right now, that's unfortunately what is happening. Although some may say that this narrows the ethnic barriers, we probably had to sacrifice an entire group of people to achieve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o