GBAtemp Game of Year 2015 - FINAL ROUND

gbatemp_goty_2015.png

GBAtemp GotY 2015 - FINAL ROUND

Welcome to the final round of the first GBAtemp game of the year vote!
Originally 50 titles were added to the poll, now just 8 remain.
Which title will become victorious? Please cast your vote for the final round! Voting closes one week from today.

:arrow:Round 1 Results
:arrow:Round 2 Results

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario maker is a level editor. People love it. Using the genre as an excuse to say it doesn't deserve to be treated like a game is a terrible reason. I heard the same stuff mentioned when minecraft came out.

It's nice to see splatoon get some love, after all the hate that's dumped on it for not being a super gritty, realistic, cover based shooter

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is Terraria any different from Super Mario Maker? They're both games that present you with a preset area full of blocks that you create, destroy, and place. You go through the area to achieve a certain goal, whether it be finding another area, getting a material, or reaching the end of the area (or level). Then you go online and see other people's creations so you can do the same thing all over again.
Stop all of i've read is bias bias bias the game should not even be on this list since it's not an actual game.

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How is Terraria any different from Super Mario Maker? They're both games that present you with a preset area full of blocks that you create, destroy, and place. You go through the area to achieve a certain goal, whether it be finding another area, getting a material, or reaching the end of the area (or level). Then you go online and see other people's creations so you can do the same thing all over again.
is this... serious?
So are you saying ANY GAME where "You go through the area to achieve a certain goal, whether it be finding another area, getting a material, or reaching the end of the area (or level)"
is a level editor, yeah nice one, i can see that arguing any points would not garner any success so i'm not even going to bother

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
Are Mario games great? Yes.
Is Mario Maker great? Definitely.
Is Mario Maker GOTY? For me, no.

I mean, yes, the concept of creating Mario Levels is great and all, but it's not revolutionary in itself. Level editors existed for a very long time. Yes, I don't know any LE that is as good and intuitive as Mario Maker's, but it is not a "game" in itself imo. If it was, then I would have voted for Garry's Mod as GOTY the year it came out. For me, SM3DW is more "worthy" to be GOTY than Mario Maker.

Well. I never said it should be GOTY. I voted for Metal Gear, for the record. I just think it's worthy of being one of the contenders.
SM3DW was not released in 2015 :)

Because Mario is Mario. A lot of similar games have been released but none could dethrone the plumber :) Blame Yoshi for that :P

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Well. I never said it should be GOTY. I voted for Metal Gear, for the record. I just think it's worthy of being one of the contenders.
SM3DW was not released in 2015 :)

I know, it was just to compare two Mario games on the same platform :)
Anyway, I think it's worthy too, but it's not the GOTY in my opinion.

Reactions: Seita

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really, really want to vote for something other than undertale. I almost feel like I can't vote, having not played witcher 3 or mgsv.

i have played splatoon and super mario maker, though. Threw about 10 hours into each, then sold. i'm more of a single-player campaign kinda person

and undertale did that for me. truly unlike anything i've played before.

can i just vote for portal 2? pls?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Undertale and Splatoon both have their merits, but they're fairly simple games compared to the scope of something like the Witcher 3 or MGS V. Rocket League should be on here if it's all about simplicity and fun.

Yugimumoto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Undertale was the first game that had me so invested in it i cried at the pacifist ending. But i am planning on doing a genocide run just for that wicked sans boss. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo