N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I was thinking of something, something about trials and things like that, something like GBATemp Court. GBAtemp court is my idea of of basically court like let's say for example two people get in an argument and you want to know who is right, well you make a trial. Let's say I got into an argument with 4K475UK1 and we wanted to settle it a fair and nice way so we go to GBAtemp court! There are three types of of trials, Judge trial where the judge makes the final decision, then there is Jury trial we have some people from GBAtemp listen the conversation and they decide the guilty, and last only to be used by mods the Mod Trial this is where a Mod will make a trial for someone breaking the rules and they decide the verdict after they hear the defense's argument and why they did did what they did (this one can be very short). So you're wondering who will be the prosecutor and defense are you? The defense can be either themselves or another member or mod (if they are willing to be in GBAtemp Court). For prosecution it will be the accuser or some member here or even a mod
ohmy.gif
(again if they're willing too be in GBAtemp Court). Now who is the judge, simple a mod or a member that has no personal attachment to the defense or prosecution. You can present evidence for the trial (a.k.a. quotes or comments in profile, etc.) The court can only last up to a 3 day trial if a serious offense has been made (probably last about one day
mellow.gif
).Now comes the pics and what you can use and for what (links inside spoiler)
happy.gif

Objection! Can be used by the defense or the prosecution.
phoenix-wright-objection.gif
http://bluemechaoxide.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/phoenix-wright-objection.gif
Hold It! Can be used from anyone including the jury if it is something important.
holdit.gif
http://forums.court-records.net/images/smilies/holdit.gif
Take That! Can be used by anyone when you need to present evidence.
takethat.gif
http://forums.court-records.net/images/smilies/takethat.gif
Gotcha! This can be used bye anybody when you found somebody telling a lie.
gotcha.gif
http://forums.court-records.net/images/smilies/gotcha.gif
Not So Fast! Basically a clone of Hold It! (couldn't find a better picture)
Not_so_fast_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
http://i.neoseeker.com/neo_image/176033/article/ace_attorney_edgeworth/Not_so_fast_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
Eureka! Used by anybody preferably when the Jury or Judge make a decision.
eureka.png
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2799/eureka.png
Not Guilty is used by the judge or jury.
NotGuilty.gif
http://forums.court-records.net/images/smilies/NotGuilty.gif
Guilty is also used by the judge or jury.
Guilty.gif
http://forums.court-records.net/images/smilies/Guilty.gif

That's all I have, if anyone has any suggestions please tell also for all the people that disagree with this thread I got this covered for you already
pwfunny_2.jpg
and to our furry Defense/Prosecutor
vgc-pw-objection.jpg
I also made a poll to see if you guys want this.

Note this is a game it isn't meant to replace mods or anything like that this can be used for debates such if someone has been banned and you need to find out if they deserved to be banned or not, the decisions of the court will not do anything to what the mods did maybe and this is just a maybe, it could make them think they made a wrong choice.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Code:
[font="Comic Sans MS"]
Not a good start.

Secondly we favour the Judge Dredd approach of mods being police, judge, jury and executioner. Seems to work quite well.

"and you want to know who is right"
Such things are usually sorted via scientific means (changing that address to 00 does not bypass AP- go to XXXX and see it still working) or in the case of ethics/philosophy he who runs out of valid arguments or in many cases those who can justify things from the ground up wins.

Also since when has a court based benefited anyone other than lawyers and to that end why would we want to emulate the model here*?

*it seems to me that the forum type environment bests the courtroom in many ways so in fact a courtroom emulation would be a devolution.

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
Code:
[font="Comic Sans MS"]
Not a good start.

Secondly we favour the Judge Dredd approach of mods being police, judge, jury and executioner. Seems to work quite well.

"and you want to know who is right"
Such things are usually sorted via scientific means (changing that address to 00 does not bypass AP- go to XXXX and see it still working) or in the case of ethics/philosophy he who runs out of valid arguments or in many cases those who can justify things from the ground up wins.

Also since when has a court based benefited anyone other than lawyers and to that end why would we want to emulate the model here*?

*it seems to me that the forum type environment bests the courtroom in many ways so in fact a courtroom emulation would be a devolution.
It's just a game we can play mostly for people that like the Phoenix Wright series.

EDIT : I'll change the font
ohnoes.png

EDIT : Be back in a while or tomorrow.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
TrolleyDave said:
This is what mods are for.

Yeah, they are, but sometime, they aren't impartial and the decision a mod can make can be questionable.

Typical teenage québecois. So rebellious, so separatist. It's a forum - as far as the owner (Costello?) is concerned, we have no rights - who cares if the mods make a horrible decision?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
TrolleyDave said:

Yeah, they are, but sometime, they aren't impartial and the decision a mod can make can be questionable.

So open a dialogue with them. If you're polite and respectful about it chances are they'll respond.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, the sad part is you take court decisions as a game. It may be a joke but when that person loses the debate then are we going to bo reasonable for his/her actions? Heaven forbid we make a mistake of someone being wrongly accused then turn it into a court case which is going to cause flaming and trolling.

I give you a valid example, if I was to post ROMS on the site then basically its my fault you have the evidence. However, if someone can create multiple accounts and post roms on this site that 'account' is banned but the creator can still do the same thing. Who are we going to accuse of posting those ROMS? It can be anyone of us since we all are subjectible under the court of law. If YOU turn it into a court case then it will get us nowhere and in the end it will fail to draw a conclusion.

Court cases are meant to be serious and once again the mods are here to justify the consequences of our impotence. It has work for the longest, despite how I bitch about the unfairness, the court system is the same. In all, court cases are not a joke. Laywers won't like wasting time on such trivial matters when they can be busy doing something else.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
I give you a valid example, if I was to post ROMS on the site then basically its my fault you have the evidence. However, if someone can create multiple accounts and post roms on this site that 'account' is banned but the creator can still do the same thing. Who are we going to accuse of posting those ROMS? It can be anyone of us since we all are subjectible under the court of law. If YOU turn it into a court case then it will get us nowhere and in the end it will fail to draw a conclusion.

Most of the time, this can be fixed with an IP check unless they know a way around it.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
monkat said:
Giga_Gaia said:
TrolleyDave said:

Typical teenage québecois. So rebellious, so separatist. It's a forum - as far as the owner (Costello?) is concerned, we have no rights - who cares if the mods make a horrible decision?
^ That.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Someone's been playing a little too much Phoenix Wright. We don't need a court system as long as the mods continue to do their jobs. It's an interesting idea, but very impractical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.