GBATemp CompetitiveLocke - Competitive Nuzlocke Challenge for Pokemon Neo X/Y

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N, Jul 30, 2017.

?

Is the CompetitiveLocke of interest to you?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N
    OP

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N oh no

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Sixth Circle of Hell
    small note

Dust off those 3DSes, Tempers, and backup your saves; it's time to play Pokemon!!

The CompetitiveLocke Challenge is exactly what it sounds like; a competitive Nuzlocke! Each participant will be pitted against each other with the goal of becoming the Pokemon Champion. HOWEVER!!~ Only one participant will be named Champion in the end.

Anyone can join!! All you need to participate is:
    • A Hacked 3DS with Luma3DS Installed
    • A copy of either Pokemon X or Y.
    The hack being used for this CompetitiveLocke is Pokemon Neo X/Y (link here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-neo-x-neo-y.388272/). We'll be using the Lite Version for this Challenge.

If you need to know how to install this mod, refer to the Luma3DS wiki https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

You will also need to start with a fresh save for the challenge. For backing up your Pokemon, use PKSM (https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM)

Rules

The CompetitiveLocke will begin on August 4, a week from Friday. This is to make sure everyone who wanted to join has joined, in addition to necessary preparations regarding saves and modding. Speaking of which...

Regarding Mods
    Players are allowed to install mods that change various assets like art, textures, trainer names, music, and the like. You can even post your custom assets in this very thread to share with other potential competitors! Think of it as an extension of trainer customization!

What is not allowed, however, are mods other than Neo X/Y that alter Pokemon's Base Stats, Encounter Rates, Trainer Battles, or anything pertaining to the actual gameplay. Players who are caught using these types of mods will be disqualified from the CompetitiveLocke.

With that out of the way, here are some resources for customizing your game:
    Modding Tools

IMPORTANT NOTE: As much as I'll try to keep this organized, I cannot make sure that everyone is following the Nuzlocke rules, so I beg to all of you: please follow the rules. It's not fun at all when one person is messing up everything just by refusing to abide by the basic Nuzlocke ruleset.

To join the CompetitiveLocke, simply make a post asking to join, and I'll add you to the Participant List.

Good luck out there, everyone!

PARTICIPANTS:
    @B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N (yea, I'm participating :P)
    @proflayton123
    @Enryx25
    @Ricken

Filo97 likes this.
  2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    Personally i think it should have been in 3ds gaming section, not general, but oh well.

3. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N
    OP

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N oh no

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Sixth Circle of Hell
    Yeah, thought it would garner more attention here. Sorry. :P

Filo97 likes this.