GBAtemp Arcade Competition #3

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Our sponsor Etcome is offering a new round of free stuff this month: we're going to be shipping out state-of-the-art Nintendo DS flashcards every week for 1 month, this being the third competition of 4.

Competition #2 results
Congratulations to Chhotu uttam, Varia, basher11, Mario264, jurassicplayer, the top 5 scorers for Bug. Your prizes will be arranged when all 4 competitions are over to facilitate shipping.

What to do
This week, you're required to play Ten Pin Bowling, a new game we've just set up on our arcade. The first 5 members to get max scores will be getting an R4i Gold Plus Deluxe Edition, one of the best 3DS-compatible DS flashcarts available on the market. You have until February 29th, 23:59 GMT to enter.

Rules
You must be a registered member of GBAtemp to be able to play the game and save your score. Staff is also eligible. We have strong anti-cheat mechanisms in action and anyone trying to bypass them will be severely punished.

R4i Gold Plus Deluxe
This DS flashcard offers some of the most interesting features on the market:
- Nintendo 3DS compatible (won't play 3DS roms, at least not yet)
- Slow motion feature
- Real time save & guide features
- WiFi real-time firmware upgrade
- tons more, check them all out here

Many thanks to our sponsors Etcome for providing tons of gifts again!​

icon11.gif
Check out the official site of the R4i Gold Plus Deluxe

Reactions: 1 person

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hooray! another competition! good luck to all of you guys!

i suck at bowling in general, so i'll skip this >_>

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
This game is so....not good. I don't have enough patience to play bad flash games for a flash cart. About 30 tries taught me that the ball almost constantly veers to one side, regardless of what you do. A 7/10 split is far too common, and picking up a spare is difficult when you have to cleave a path through about five or six pins. In all that time, I think I managed a total of four or five strikes. Oh, and that's with throwing the ball the exact same way each time after getting said strike, just to see it end in either a 7/10 split, or barely picking up one pin due to some magic variable.

There's just too much wrong with this game for me to enjoy it. No amount of playing will ever make me good at it.

Yes, I'm frustrated. Anybody that gets a 300, honestly, I think you would have to cheat.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the lane is actually shaped like /\ you just can't tell from the specific angle.

Skipping this comp entirely. Can't stand trying to force the game to work.

loco365

Trophies
XP
This game is so....not good. I don't have enough patience to play bad flash games for a flash cart. About 30 tries taught me that the ball almost constantly veers to one side, regardless of what you do. A 7/10 split is far too common, and picking up a spare is difficult when you have to cleave a path through about five or six pins. In all that time, I think I managed a total of four or five strikes. Oh, and that's with throwing the ball the exact same way each time after getting said strike, just to see it end in either a 7/10 split, or barely picking up one pin due to some magic variable.

There's just too much wrong with this game for me to enjoy it. No amount of playing will ever make me good at it.

Yes, I'm frustrated. Anybody that gets a 300, honestly, I think you would have to cheat.
Yes yes yes yes I have had countless 7/10 splits. And it's so damn hard to get that perfect shot.

But I think I know the trick to aiming well. JUST GOT ANOTHER STRIIKE.

Edit: jaskhf lakjseh flauh r 148 so close.

Edit: The first 5 people to get 300!? That's impossibru here. This game is tweaked in such a way almost each shot is different. It'd be nice to have the top 5 users, though.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it should be top five people but if it's the same person again... just carry the next one over.

and holy crap we so got a new leader with 268.

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hahahaha yesh, this flashcard is mine, there is a point in the table where you always get a strike, just got 268, and only because i failed 1 shot :P:P:P:P

EDIT: Yep, i won a flashcard :D

Bad designed game is bad xD

loco365

Trophies
XP
LoL no, you just have find a point on the table where do you get a strike and repeat the shot until you win :PP
You'd have to have a steady hand and perfect positioning. I sense cheating. Especially this early with a new addition to the site. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If a mod asks, i can show them a Screenshot with the Strike spot.

Also, its easy to replicate a shot when you use a Notebook Touchpad instead of an optical mouse.

Reactions: 1 person

loco365

Trophies
XP
If a mod asks, i can show them a Screenshot with the Strike spot.

Also, its easy to replicate a shot when you use a Notebook Touchpad instead of an optical mouse.
Now I'm crying inside because I know that I won't find that sweet spot, I'm using a computer mouse, and that I (more or less) won't win. lol Oh well, I never have luck anyways.

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Nah dont worry, i would have done the same LoL the game just came out xD

Recorded a video just in case, gonna publish it when the comp finishs (did 6 strikes in a row, failed the 7th)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah games too hard for me. if the flashcart would play 3ds roms i would try it... but sadly it does not. i'll stick to my supercard two.

i'm using my laptop mouse and that's even worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: