GBAtemp Arcade Competition #3

loco365

Trophies
XP
Nah dont worry, i would have done the same LoL the game just came out xD

Recorded a video just in case, gonna publish it when the comp finishs (did 6 strikes in a row, failed the 7th)
Most strikes in a row I got was 2. It's the damn 7/10 split that's screwing me in from a much higher score than I have.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I found the spot, Although I got 3 strikes, I am still lacking the accuracy. Trying further.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn that was annoying. Oh well, made it at least. Apparently you need
  • a tiny bit of skill
  • luck
  • determination
  • more luck.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
  • a tiny bit of skill
  • luck
  • determination
  • more luck.

Nope, we don't need any of those. We just need a mouse macro tool to record and play "a strike event" repeatedly to get 300. It's ridiculous and ironical how easily some of these arcade games could be cheated.

P.S. Not accusing anyone of cheating, I hope you all have made it to 300 with skills.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
I do not condone cheating and since the competition already has 5 winners now, I am putting this video to demonstrate how easy it is to cheat on arcade games. I am only posting it for educational purpose and perhaps it will help give an idea of what not to choose as a game for a competition.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w2usxkNEKE[/youtube]

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
  • a tiny bit of skill
  • luck
  • determination
  • more luck.

Nope, we don't need any of those. We just need a mouse macro tool to record and play "a strike event" repeatedly to get 300. It's ridiculous and ironical how easily some of these arcade games could be cheated.

P.S. Not accusing anyone of cheating, I hope you all have made it to 300 with skills.
I think even if you did that you still need the luck. Some of my throws randomly missed (1 pin left standing) even though they were almost exactly the same as some of the others. And you need the determination and skill to throw a strike in the first place.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
  • a tiny bit of skill
  • luck
  • determination
  • more luck.

I think even if you did that you still need the luck. Some of my throws randomly missed (1 pin left standing) even though they were almost exactly the same as some of the others. And you need the determination and skill to throw a strike in the first place.

Ok. :rolleyes:

Edit: There, I just made a 300 to show what I mean, it only took me less than 3 minutes. infact let me make it atleast 5 times.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
  • a tiny bit of skill
  • luck
  • determination
  • more luck.

Edit: There, I just made a 300 to show what I mean, it only took me less than 3 minutes. infact let me make it atleast 5 times.
I'm not saying it is not easy to cheat, mind you because it IS far too easy. That's why I prefer puzzle games or something like the previous competition.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
  • a tiny bit of skill
  • luck
  • determination
  • more luck.

I'm not saying it is not easy to cheat, mind you because it IS far too easy. That's why I prefer puzzle games or something like the previous competition.

First you say, "I think even if you did that you still need the luck."
Then you say. "I'm not saying it is not easy to cheat, mind you because it IS far too easy."

I don't understand you lol. But yeah, I made 300 five times and within 20 minutes just to prove that I was not talking out of my ass. I was only suggesting to select a competition game that is more random, I think it would be hard to cheat on a game such as Square2? That's a lot more random because we cannot calculate anything.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then you say. "I'm not saying it is not easy to cheat, mind you because it IS far too easy."

I don't understand you lol. But yeah, I made 300 five times and within 20 minutes just to prove that I was not talking out of my ass. I was only suggesting to select a competition game that is more random, I think it would be hard to cheat on a game such as Square2? That's a lot more random because we cannot calculate anything.
What I meant was: It's easy to cheat, but it might take some tries. Ugh, I suck at explaining things. Well, whatever. I agree with you on the last part though, this game just wasn't a great choice for a competition. As for Square2, Cheat Engine's slowdown feature will probably work wonders.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country

What I meant was: It's easy to cheat, but it might take some tries. Ugh, I suck at explaining things. Well, whatever. I agree with you on the last part though, this game just wasn't a great choice for a competition. As for Square2, Cheat Engine's slowdown feature will probably work wonders.

Agreed with the bolded part. Lol, then I guess every other game is exploitable one way or other.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gave it a try out of the blue for the hell of it and can't say I like it,now if you could some how get "allstar bowling" on the site(the one you can play on msn/skype etc etc) that would be awesome...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves