Homebrew GBAExpLoader question

snowkrash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feel free to bitch slap me but I can't seem to find an answer to this question. I use GBAExpLoader on my DS and all the games run fine, but is there a way to use cheat codes on GBA games?

jy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you wanted to get items or something in Pokemon or the like, I guess you could do your cheating in Visualboy and just copy the save file over to the EZ Flash or whatever!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can insert custom trainers into the rom or use VBA to save a cheated game and write it to your card. Other than that, no way sadly. It'd be a cool feature for a future loader to implement. Maybe it could read a Cheat file and load it with the GBA rom.

In all honesty though, it's probably better without it. I've gotten much better at games without the temptation of cheats and it's more rewarding knowing you accomplished something without them!
gbasp.gif

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
The M3 Real with GBA Expansion Pak allows you to use cheats. You just have to have the relevant cheat file on the memory card and select it. They are in the form of CHT files and it should be a separate file for each game.

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ak Aack AAAACK!!!