Homebrew GBAEMU4DS on 3DS Acekard 2i Help!

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That bit of homebrew was mostly just an experiment. It can't load any commercial roms, or homebrew above 2MB I think.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Seeing that he has a 3DS and an Acekard, a PSP spells better emulation prospects for him. The only matter at hand is his budget, really.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. I'm several years out of date and even I know that the PSP can emulate the GBA much better than any generation of the DS can (praise be to Exophase and gpSP) simply due to the difference in processing power (and to a lesser extent, the hardware similarities that made emulator porting easier or harder). However, I have no idea how hackable the latest PSPs are. Can they be made homebrew-capable? I don't really know. My knowledge ends at around the "Pandora battery" era which was ~3 years ago.

EDIT: Just for fun, use the PSP to emulate the GBA running Goomba Color emulating the NES emulator for the GBC (fc2gb, I have download links if the others are dead). You can have Donkey Kong running at 1% of normal speed! =D

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Side note: I finally found the "NES emulator for the GBC" link I was talking about, after an hour of searching. See http://releases.pocketheaven.com/tools/gbc/fcgb2.zip for the patcher.

The problem is that it only really applies to certain Mapper 0 games less than 41 KB in size. From testing, I've found that this includes Donkey Kong, Popeye, Warpman, Tennis, and Urban Champion. It also includes the "Fade to Black" demo which you would probably not have unless you downloaded an NES GoodSet. It does NOT include Super Mario Bros. sadly.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Buy a DSTwo, or a DS/Lite and Slot-2 (GBa-slot) flash cart if you want GBA ROMs on the DS.
What he said
Plus what you just posted is a DSi homebrew and would require a DSi-Mode flashcard, which right now the only card that can work in DSi-mode is the CycloDS iEvolution.
The Acekard 2i only works in DS-Mode on the DSi.

MandL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently every PSP is hackable. Every. On any firmware.
My cousin got a psp a few month ago. I believe it was on firmware 4.X (not really sure, it was the latest at the time though) and he said it was unhackable.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
My cousin got a psp a few month ago. I believe it was on firmware 4.X (not really sure, it was the latest at the time though) and he said it was unhackable.
"Now" =/= "a few months ago"... though the PRO series has existed for a few months so it's likely he simply didn't know.

Every PSP right now is hackable on any firmware.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Currently every PSP is hackable. Every. On any firmware.
He was wrong. 4.X hasn't been the latest firmware for several years. For at least 4 or 5 months, it has been possible to run a lot of homebrew on any official firmware. And for the majority of that time, it has been possible to install CFW from almost every OFW. Prior to being able to run homebrew on OFW, there was HBL with the Sukirri demo exploit, which allowed running most homebrew (including emulators) up to firmware 6.35 or something around that. Before that, there was a HEN for 6.20 allowing ALL homebrew. Before that, there were other versions of HBL with various exploits, and before that there was a HEN for 5.03, which again allowed ALL homebrew. It has been several years since PSPs with a 4.X firmware couldn't be hacked in some way or another (although most methods would have required an upgrade to a newer firmware).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo