Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
this is great news!
Add: can you make something like nds gbaemu editor so that one can increase game compatibility?
^^^
the above sounds crazy, but maybe you could tell us how one could edit the gbaemu to fix/increase compatibility?

Add2: will the ui be a graphical one?

Add3: any news on sound?
1.Yes When will you release it?
2.No (but it will use less power) Ui doesn't really matter
3.Yes it is partly working expected relese date?

If ichfly got sound to work, more people would use it

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i remember when people said slot1 gba emulation was impossible with sound and at full speed and now they have been proved wrong twice. ichichy has achived some great here!

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The most games that i wanna play does not work.
Aww too bad, but still ill download it.
Wario Ware Inc. was epic and it runs on 60 fps.

Anyhow, how to install this on the 3DS?
Ill get Ace3DS Plus later this month and i can wait to play it on my 3DS XL ^^

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could itchifly please explain how we can change the border?
You can't in the current Version
this is great news!
Add: can you make something like nds gbaemu editor so that one can increase game compatibility?
^^^
the above sounds crazy, but maybe you could tell us how one could edit the gbaemu to fix/increase compatibility?

Add2: will the ui be a graphical one?

Add3: any news on sound?
1.Yes When will you release it?
2.No (but it will use less power) Ui doesn't really matter
3.Yes it is partly working expected relese date?

If ichfly got sound to work, more people would use it
The sound has way to much problems to release it yet it will need some time. I will test this Version more than the Versions before

Reactions: 1 person

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how about a test version then? (like when you realeased the scaled screen test version) or the sound really problematic (like compatabilty is affected by it)?

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how about a test version then? (like when you realeased the scaled screen test version) or the sound really problematic (like compatabilty is affected by it)?

No the sound is so bad I won't release a Version of the current Version

ADD current stat:

code done (untested) have a new UI that (I hope) allows to lunch gba files direct from Wood just click on them and they start (the gba files should not end with .gba). (Default settings lists)
50% done have a new auto detect frame sync option (is not working on every game)
not imp instead a button to save the save have (maybe) auto save every ? sec
unknown have (maybe) DMA sound
done other little things

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
Ichifly you rule if you could fix sound i really belive in you keep up your good work ;D and can i play pokemon light platinum??

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is amazing... It runs even Advance Wars 2 (without text but works pretty good). I'm able to run goomba GB emulator for GBA correctly - there's no background, but sprites are ok at full speed. :] (double emulation on DS this is the masterpiece) Thank's brony.
I have an acekard and DSLite, and run gbaemu4ds directly from akaio.
Can't run Sonic Advance 2 (white screen before intro).

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
code done (not working yet (default settings list editor done and working)) have a new UI that (I hope) allows to lunch gba files direct from Wood just click on them and they start (the gba files should not end with .gba). (Default settings lists)
code done (untested) have a new auto detect frame sync option (is not working on every game)
not imp instead a button to save the save code done (untested) have (maybe) auto save every ? sec
need some more fixes have (maybe) DMA sound
done other little things

Will we able to make the border in the next version cause it's driving me crazy!

sorry no

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i know another feature you could add. snemulds and nesDS support automatic sram saving (in other words, when you save on the game, it automaticly saves to a .sav file without pressing save sram) you could add that so we wouldnt need the save save feature no more.

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know another feature you could add. snemulds and nesDS support automatic sram saving (in other words, when you save on the game, it automaticly saves to a .sav file without pressing save sram) you could add that so we wouldnt need the save save feature no more.

That would save a few seconds.
You forgot to mention that jEnesisDS also supports that.

Poke-Artist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hey i have'nt realy tried tried the emulator yet but i keep up to date with, this . ichichfly you are doing an awesome job keep up the good work :D.

This idea for saving is a great idea i have noticed it alot on many emulators, and it does help save time and hassle

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could you then somehow fix the border? Its really irittating

You can compile it with

#define capture_and_pars

and

#define antyflicker

Hey i have'nt realy tried tried the emulator yet but i keep up to date with, this . ichichfly you are doing an awesome job keep up the good work :D.

This idea for saving is a great idea i have noticed it alot on many emulators, and it does help save time and hassle

The way the hyperspeedup works currently don't allow this it would need patching and stuff so no.

ADD: Someone asked me to join my Bitcoin mining as reward for the gbaemu4ds what do you think about that ?

ADD2: Bitcoin mining is going like this you use your CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC to calculate hashes and than you get bitcoints.

ADD3: you can see the Bitcoin pricing here https://mtgox.com/index.html?Currency=EUR

current:
  • Last price:8.84786 €
  • High:9.65419 €
  • Low:8.39500 €
  • Volume:6517 BTC
  • Weighted Avg:9.19944 €
  • Last price:$11.06604
  • High:$12.14999
  • Low:$10.52000
  • Volume:132149 BTC
  • Weighted Avg:$11.27946

ADD3: code done (exception sound but I found a bug there I will fix them later) but the code still has some bugs

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
good progress ichfly :) im happy with the X buttom being a save to .sav file instead them. it would be easier than pressing l+r+a+b then save save

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F