Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

troybot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Sonic Advance if you select Tiny Chao Garden at the title menu it goes to a white screen. Nonetheless, ichfly you are amazing. Keep it up :)

tysonrss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ichfly, might I suggest that it's time to find a new method of saving? The current state is confusing people(like myself), I don't really have anything in mind on how but maybe you could try it like the SNES emulator. Have an option that says "Save SRAM" or something on the touch screen. Or have the button combination for it. I also notice that this is the way many emulators save on the DS anyway, like Lameboy.

How about using Y as the save sram button? Of course, people should save before pressing.

Just a suggestion to make things easier.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon works? The day to throw this in the faces of all people who said pokemon could only work on a dstwo has come...

Well It it is preaty tricky to start pokemon and save don't work

ADD: Saves don't work
ADD2: if you get to a point where pokemon fress without pressing the X button but need some input press X press than the input button release X for 1/60-1/2 secound and press it again than release the input button --> the game continue to work

ADD3: saves don't work
ADD4: It is tricky I know I try to fix that problemes in the next Version

Did you set the save type to FLASH 128K?

loco365

Trophies
XP
r37 (Pokemon works now if X is pressed at some points)

some IRQcode impr
inc. buffslots from 100 to 255
some functions are now arm code
It works? Which version do I use? New IRQ or old IRQ? The issue with having 4 versions is you don't know which one works unless you try all 4!

Edit: Final Fantasy Advance series is kinda working. 4 crashes on the intro video, same with 5, and 6 crashes after language selection.

Edit: Added the above games to the compatibility list as well as Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r37 (Pokemon works now if X is pressed at some points)

some IRQcode impr
inc. buffslots from 100 to 255
some functions are now arm code
It works? Which version do I use? New IRQ or old IRQ? The issue with having 4 versions is you don't know which one works unless you try all 4!

Edit: Final Fantasy Advance series is kinda working. 4 crashes on the intro video, same with 5, and 6 crashes after language selection.

Edit: Added the above games to the compatibility list as well as Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced.

newirq (not the slow Version) is the best Version for all games that are not homebrew

ADD: I add the options forceHBlankirqs and HBlankdma as well as advanced_irq_check they slow down some games but make some other working. The probleme is that these options have to be selected when compiling the emulator.

Ichfly, might I suggest that it's time to find a new method of saving? The current state is confusing people(like myself), I don't really have anything in mind on how but maybe you could try it like the SNES emulator. Have an option that says "Save SRAM" or something on the touch screen. Or have the button combination for it. I also notice that this is the way many emulators save on the DS anyway, like Lameboy.

How about using Y as the save sram button? Of course, people should save before pressing.

Just a suggestion to make things easier.

Y is bad. Y is maped on the 4000136h - NDS7 - EXTKEYIN what about START+B.

ADD: Some games crash if you use the save save function the save is save

Cant get it to work it just like stay´s on loading screen. i use R4i-sdhc 3ds kernel 1.58b Which is latest I thanks on hands

Try launch it with HBMenu

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, F-Zero almost works. You can race... That is if you have the tracks memorized. Mode 7 doesn't activate properly and you have a buggy top-down view.

Edit: Got Pokemon Ruby running. https://dl.dropbox.c...59/HPIM1854.JPG
Debug Ruby still crashes.

Edit 2: Added FF I+II

Edit 3: Updating Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. It works almost perfectly. And it saves.

D

Deleted User

sorry if this is a dumb question but anyway to enable sound im trying to play a link to the past

loco365

Trophies
XP

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Will this run on a supercard dsonei on ds lite.

test it.
I was asking that because when I ran this emu on my r4i gold(r4ids.cn) , it broke and will be getting a scds1 in 3 days

lol this emulator is made for r4i gold how it got broken ?
don't know,
the r4i got insanly hot and then I shut my ndsl, and restarted after 10 min, it wouldn't boot :(
Sorry, may it is just the micsd that is broken/the data is corrupted or you can try to reflash the flashcard

r38 (fixed Yaggdra Union/ pokemon blatgrün save now/ and works better)
fixed most crushes if X is not pressed
added H-Blank stuff

ADD:I added some options that fix some games but break some as well these are to many options to upload them in all combinations so I just update the src for now. Till I found a solution for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/knyBygUiKLI?si=BkBsC-TZ4OrZoiPk