Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
T-Tudor, is it ok if I can post some games for you to add to the compatibility list? I just want to help because it seems like you have a lot of work on your hands. I will be sure to give you the exact details for games with problems. Also, don't worry about if I post games that are already on the list because I will check before testing anyway.
Sure. You want to add results here or to compatibility list?
The only thing I really want is to get rid of the extra garbage graphics on the screen and stretch out the GBA screen so we only see what you would normally see on a Gameboy Advance.
At least it would be better if screen will be covered with this:
gallery_225478_1353_534.png
Why is the screen like that anyway?

The screen can easily be centered, I seem to remember early versions having a centered screen.
As for the mess around the edges, yes it can be cleared, but it might not be practical, depending on how the GBA screen is drawn. It could be a simple as adding a new tile layer over the top, or if it uses a bitmap screen, clearing the biffer between updates. Either way, it could slow down the emulation.

T-Tudor

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
Updated compatibility list.

Games added:
Advance Wars 1 and 2
Alien Hominid
Astro Boy: Omega Factor

More to come later.
Lil' advice. If games don't start and they are supposed to be red at compatibility list, better don't add them so the compatibility list wouldn't become overfull.

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated compatibility list.

Games added:
Advance Wars 1 and 2
Alien Hominid
Astro Boy: Omega Factor

More to come later.
Lil' advice. If games don't start and they are supposed to be red at compatibility list, better don't add them so the compatibility list wouldn't become overfull.
Ok, sorry I will keep that in mind. Is there anything else I should know?

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated compatibility list:

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Banjo Pilot
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Rayman Advance
Metroid Fusion

Fire Emblem and Rayman Advance are working 80-100%! Ichichfly has really done a great job :lol: .

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Zelda Minish Cap this is because of the new irq hooks that fix some games press the X button at the place where it normally crashes and it should work.
It crashes instantly. I can't make it work.

Could ichichfly or whoever is updating the compatibility list please add this game to the list:

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Battle Assault (U)
Rev38 newirq
Description: Works at almost full speed with a few character graphic errors but otherwise fully playable.
Posted.

Compatibility List Updated.

Here's what I found. If in game with crashed sprites you put the Fps 60/1, it will fix the sprites(for most games). Anyway it wont fix all games but totally make the the sprites work better. For example if on Metal Slug if you put 60/11 fps, you'll see that sprites aren't displayed correctly, but if you put 60/1 then the sprites will come more clear but still crashed.
I think that such games need more fps.

@ichichfly can add more frames; and it would be better if you change it so you can select number of frames per one second.

Changing to 60/1 fps will also make some games lag, slower or freeze with white/black screens between cut-scenes.

***Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen U versions work with oldirq but have some crashed sprites and there is problem with saving. You can't save, neither load a save from VBA.

ENJOY.
The V-Sync is locked to a Vline to get the best result so 60/1 = 60 is the maximum that can be use. There is a way to fix those sprite bugs but that need to much cpu. You can try to change the video syncline that should fixsome GFX sprite problems. If 60/1 fsps are used.
T-Tudor, is it ok if I can post some games for you to add to the compatibility list? I just want to help because it seems like you have a lot of work on your hands. I will be sure to give you the exact details for games with problems. Also, don't worry about if I post games that are already on the list because I will check before testing anyway.
Sure. You want to add results here or to compatibility list?
The only thing I really want is to get rid of the extra garbage graphics on the screen and stretch out the GBA screen so we only see what you would normally see on a Gameboy Advance.
At least it would be better if screen will be covered with this:
Why is the screen like that anyway?

The screen can easily be centered, I seem to remember early versions having a centered screen.
As for the mess around the edges, yes it can be cleared, but it might not be practical, depending on how the GBA screen is drawn. It could be a simple as adding a new tile layer over the top, or if it uses a bitmap screen, clearing the biffer between updates. Either way, it could slow down the emulation.

The best way I think is to use the Window or an unused tile layer. An other way is the DS Video capture system but that need a lot of CPU.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
B.T.W, what is video syncline?
And would someone please tell me the optimal settings to play pokemon ruby and the procedure.
Because for some strange reason this emu gives me an error "unknown op"

psyonity

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kasoft.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
For me, I have a "R4(ds) - Revolution for ds" with wood and can play most of the green games perfectly (even pokemon ruby :) ) and have dumped some games to test (why download when you can dump XD) and have found out:

summoning night a swordcraft story (the box says (USA) )
works good, only the screen crashes half when you battle but battling work, for the rest you can walk and that sort of stuff perfectly

Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix (E)(Dutch)
Works except enormous lag (when walking) but playable (it's not a very intensive game to walk)

Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets (E (I think )
Garbled up sprites when walking on fps: 60/11 , when on 60/1 or something still almost on perfect speed and no garbled up sprites

Harry Potter and the goblet of fire (E)
Unupported OP, so white screen

Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban (E)
Unsupported OP at language select, maybe passable at save from vba (haven't tried)

Yu-Gi-Oh World championship tournament 2004 (E (i'd think))
Works perfect, even at L+R turbo (from game itself) there are only some bugs at the title screen (maybe because of dumped ROM)

That's all I've tested, if you need more detailed, ask it :)

EDIT: I'm running r38 adv icq

T-Tudor

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
Best Metal Slug configuration I found is 60/1 Fps, and about 40 for vsyncline. It fixes some of the Sprites problems. So for Magical Quest series.

@ichichfly what about to add the left and right buttons to skip 10 of vsync and fps.

What about .gba.sav saving?

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
B.T.W, what is video syncline?
And would someone please tell me the optimal settings to play pokemon ruby and the procedure.
Because for some strange reason this emu gives me an error "unknown op"
video syncline is the Vline at which the Video sync is called that is responsible for sprites and some other GFX stuff as well as the V-Blanc DMA and the input.

Best Metal Slug configuration I found is 60/1 Fps, and about 40 for vsyncline. It fixes some of the Sprites problems. So for Magical Quest series.

@ichichfly what about to add the left and right buttons to skip 10 of vsync and fps.

What about .gba.sav saving?
added

r39
added buggy reset (do not use this reset)
some small fixes/impr./features
fix read/write from/to 0x0b000000

T-Tudor

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
Added Action Man, Comix Zone, King of Fighters EX I and II, Pinky and Brain, Rescue Heroes, Shining Soul I and II, Ghouls'n Ghosts, Super Street Fighter, and a few other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-