Sturmclaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my GBA says it saved my FFTA progress, but when I got to "load game" it says there is no progress to be loaded
is there an answer to this?

Leeka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
my GBA says it saved my FFTA progress, but when I got to "load game" it says there is no progress to be loaded
is there an answer to this?
The only thing I can think of is that the battery in the game cart used for saving is dead. You can easily find replacements in stores or on the net.

For most game it's a CR1616 if I recall correctly.

Sturmclaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only thing I can think of is that the battery in the game cart used for saving is dead. You can easily find replacements in stores or on the net.

actually, I have a rechargeable battery that I charged just before playing. Its worked fine for about 4 months already. the game also was working just fine, and the save even worked the first two times I played, but after that it stopped working. oh yeah, something that may be helpful: when I first got the cartridge, it had dust in it, and it didn't work, but after I used a brush inside, it started working just fine. maybe dust is still inside?
Post automatically merged:

but thanks for the idea anyways!

Reactions: Leeka

Leeka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the save even worked the first two times I played, but after that it stopped working.
Could be a corrupted save file problem. I know it sounds dumb but maybe you turned the system off while the game was saving or something like that ?
You should also check if there's anything that's not properly soldered or worn in the cart, and if other games save and load properly.

I'm sorry I can't help with that specific game since I don't own a copy.

FoTan432

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks a lot for this thread ^^

So, I'm not new to the GB/GBA itself. I have been using them, since they first came out (yes, even in 1989, I as born in 1980).

Buuuut – what I'm new to, are these flashcards. I finally bought:
1x EZ Flash Omega
1x EZ Flash Junior
1x Everdrive GB X3

Until recently everything worked, as it should. But around 1 month after getting the EZ Flash Junior, I got the message 'Battery dry' and since then, it won't boot up anymore. I can't get in the menu or anything.

I googled a bit and found out, that this problem, with the battery running dry is kinda widespread. But what I'm confused about is, that although it seems to be common knowledge, that the battery can run dry fast, nowhere does anyone ever mention anything about the card not working anymore.

So, I am kinda confused. Was it just a coincidence for me, that at the exact moment, that the battery ran dry, my EZ Flash Junior also broke, or is it, that the Junior stops working in general, when the battery is empty?

Also, if it is the case, that I need to replace the battery, for the Junior, in order for it to work again... oh boy... is this a fatal flaw of this card then. I mean.... a new battery every month? That would be a NoGo for me, tbh.

Is it the same with every other Flashcard out there? Will my EZ Flash Omega also stop working, when its battery is empty? Will the same happen to the Everdrive GB X3 ??

I saw, that there is an ''Everdrive X5 Mini GBA''... will this also have the same fatal flaw and just stop working, when its battery is dead?

Thx in advance!

Leeka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

So, I'm not new to the GB/GBA itself. I have been using them, since they first came out (yes, even in 1989, I as born in 1980).

1x EZ Flash Omega
1x EZ Flash Junior
1x Everdrive GB X3

Until recently everything worked, as it should. But around 1 month after getting the EZ Flash Junior, I got the message 'Battery dry' and since then, it won't boot up anymore. I can't get in the menu or anything.

I googled a bit and found out, that this problem, with the battery running dry is kinda widespread. But what I'm confused about is, that although it seems to be common knowledge, that the battery can run dry fast, nowhere does anyone ever mention anything about the card not working anymore.

So, I am kinda confused. Was it just a coincidence for me, that at the exact moment, that the battery ran dry, my EZ Flash Junior also broke, or is it, that the Junior stops working in general, when the battery is empty?

Also, if it is the case, that I need to replace the battery, for the Junior, in order for it to work again... oh boy... is this a fatal flaw of this card then. I mean.... a new battery every month? That would be a NoGo for me, tbh.

Is it the same with every other Flashcard out there? Will my EZ Flash Omega also stop working, when its battery is empty? Will the same happen to the Everdrive GB X3 ??

I saw, that there is an ''Everdrive X5 Mini GBA''... will this also have the same fatal flaw and just stop working, when its battery is dead?

Thx in advance!

I can't say for other carts than the EZ ones. Should not be too different though.

I have an EZFlash IV, and I assume that it's the same for their other models :

- The battery is not used to power the cart, it's for storing save data between power cycles. So if your cart doesn't boot correctly it's likely a software or another hardware problem (not the battery).
You should try to contact your seller and/or post a dedicated thread for this problem, you'll have more answers that way I guess.

- Your cart's battery lasting a single month only is most likely because it was stored without being used for a long time. If you use it sporadically it will die earlier, it's better to use it frequently, a new battery like the ones used in flashcarts should last 5 years or so. Every battery eventually runs dry. So yeah if it sits in a drawer for too long it will die.

If you want to replace it :
I don't know what battery you have in your carts but it should be tagged "CRxxxx" or "VLxxxx", where CR is for non-rechargable and VL means it is. The "xxxx" is 4 numbers that determine the battery's dimensions.
Mine is "CR2025" so it's a non-rechargable battery that's 2mm height and 25mm diameter.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Leeka,
Reactions: FoTan432

Mancore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

1x EZ Flash Omega
1x EZ Flash Junior
1x Everdrive GB X3

Thx in advance!
This problem with EZ Flash Jr has already been considered by me and the answers have been given
https://gbatemp.net/threads/rapid-battery-drain-ez-flash-junior.620759/

Reactions: FoTan432

killxua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, I would like to work a little with the golden sun textures, how can they be extracted? some program and if they can later be used in an emulator, or if there is already something similar for golden sun

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Desktop Screenshot 2024.02.27 - 11.00.59.48.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Nintendo be malding at that