Hacking Gba rom on Acekard 2i with EZ-FLASH 3 in 1

seamoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm planning to buy Acekard 2i and EZ-FLASH 3 in 1 for DS Lite. My question is if I put gba roms into Acekard' micro sd card, can I play them via Acekard's interface.

If yes another question; how long will it take to start a gba game & is there a lots of interaction needed for it?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, but you need to go into the setting and set the file list type to all so you can see the roms.
I am not sure how long it takes the load up the roms though since I lack EZ-FLASH 3 in 1.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Some clarification: AKAIO will display .gba automatically when you have a 3in1 inserted. No need to change AKAIO settings.

Initialization of the 3in1 depends mainly on the size of the game, so it could be 60 seconds or more or less.

seamoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zhuzhuchina said:
isn't better buy directly a dstwo ? have gba support
Referring its site's faq with dstwo, gba games can be played only 3-4 hours because emulation takes lots of cpu.

QUOTE(Masked Ranger @ Jul 2 2011, 04:51 PM) Initialization of the 3in1 depends mainly on the size of the game, so it could be 60 seconds or more or less.
Is this for uncompressed roms or will they start faster?

loco365

Trophies
XP
seamoon said:
zhuzhuchina said:
isn't better buy directly a dstwo ? have gba support
Referring its site's faq with dstwo, gba games can be played only 3-4 hours because emulation takes lots of cpu.

QUOTE(Masked Ranger @ Jul 2 2011, 04:51 PM) Initialization of the 3in1 depends mainly on the size of the game, so it could be 60 seconds or more or less.
Is this for uncompressed roms or will they start faster?
I don't think you can really compress a rom, then use it. I'm having an EZ 3-in-1 sent to me as we speak, but this is really nice for me to know as well. :)

seamoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it make difference (about length of time) whether start a gba rom from 3in1 or Acekard 2 with a good micro sd card?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Masked Ranger said:
To my knowledge, no flashcart runs compressed files.
I'm fairly sure that the SCDS2 can run GBA files in zip form and possibly the iSMM and iPlayer as well (the GBA emulator on all these was coded by the same person).

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
seamoon said:
Does it make difference (about length of time) whether start a gba rom from 3in1 or Acekard 2 with a good micro sd card?

It depends on what you are wanting to do. The 3in1 is the bottleneck on most every scenario. If you start up the AceKard and want to play a GBA game, AKAIO copies the .gba file to the 3in1. The transfer time depends on how big the .gba file is, not how fast the sd is. Think if you were running a Formula-1 race and the start/finish line is where you pay a toll/tax. It doesn't matter how fast the car is, it matters how fast the worker is.

When you are done playing and restart your DS, AKAIO will then move the save back to the sd card.

If you want to make your 3in1 into a "retail" cart, then you have to use GBA ExpLoader. Again, depending on what size the .gba file, the process may take a while or might be rather quick.

Check out the links in my signature that I stole (with permission) from how_do_I_do_that for more 3in1 info.

Here are some additional/duplicate links:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#3in1_FAS1_Slot-2_Support
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3_in_1_Expans..._for_EZ-Flash_V

seamoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much all the valuable informations.
smile.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Masked Ranger said:
If you want to make your 3in1 into a "retail" cart, then you have to use GBA ExpLoader. Again, depending on what size the .gba file, the process may take a while or might be rather quick.
1) No ROM can ever be a retail cart for it is what it is, a Read-Only Memory copy of the game.

2) If you mean, to have the GBA ROM show up in the DS OS Menu, then you don't need GBAExploader for that either. That's called "flashing to the NOR" which AKAIO supports natively.

Read my answer to a couple of question pertaining to the 3in1 here.

dobbelsteen1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just bought a EZ-FLASH 3 in 1 and i have to say it workt easy ! It is realy idiot proof. The only thing i had to do is change the auto save backup to on! Realy works great !!! ( i have AKIO 1.8.7 btw )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...