Hacking GBA on Luma 3DS

KVPrasad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Putting this here as it deals with Luma 3ds and something other CFW's may or may not be interested in.

My current setup is a O3dsXL with a9LH and Luma 3ds cfw. Simple question:

I have a blue Card Gateway and normal Gateway as well. What are my options on playing GBA games on my CFW or Blue Card. Which has better performance. The Game in question is a rom hack of Pokemon Fire Red. I only have access to a Mac not a PC.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Putting this here as it deals with Luma 3ds and something other CFW's may or may not be interested in.

I have a blue Card Gateway and normal Gateway as well. What are my options on playing GBA games on my CFW or Blue Card. Which has better performance. The Game in question is a rom hack of Pokemon Fire Red. I only have access to a Mac not a PC.
VC inject is the only way to go on o3DS.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If using A9LH and sysnand only, all you gotta do is install the GBA Virtual Console cia's one time and you can play them. That's the advantage of using A9LH, and your only choice for GBA games.

As for the Gateway blue card, it cannot play GBA games as far as I'm aware, no matter what 3DS you play it on. The card itself can't handle GBA emulation on it's own.

I believe I saw some rom hacks of Fire Red, as virtual console injects somewhere

Last edited by MattKimura,

BabyBichu

Trophies
Website
babybic.hu
XP
Country
United States
VC or emulator or both.
For ex(about VC),I wanna play yellow.So I downloaded the legit CIA of Pokemon Yellow[ U ] from 3DSISO.Then I'll be able to play it.
Highly recommand legit CIAs,if u rn't able 2 play the game,just go to the eshop to redownload it to fix the problem.It's as if u've bought it before!

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get any GBA games to work via Luma3DS. I installed one of them (.cia) and when I launch it, the "error has occurred" screen comes up on the bottom screen.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
VC or emulator or both.
For ex(about VC),I wanna play yellow.So I downloaded the legit CIA of Pokemon Yellow[ U ] from XXXXX.Then I'll be able to play it.
Highly recommand legit CIAs,if u rn't able 2 play the game,just go to the eshop to redownload it to fix the problem.It's as if u've bought it before!
Just a quick note:
I would remove the name of that site.

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get any GBA games to work via Luma3DS. I installed one of them (.cia) and when I launch it, the "error has occurred" screen comes up on the bottom screen.
If you have emuNAND and are trying to boot from there, you must also install to sysNAND before itll work.
If youre using A9LH patched sysNAND, look in "luma" folder and try removing these files (if they exist)

firmware_agb.bin
firmware_twl.bin
patched_firmware_agb.bin
patched_firmware_emu.bin
patched_firmware_sys.bin
patched_firmware_twl.bin

Also, if using a boot manager, try removing that as well.

Last edited by nickwhit,
Reactions: Thelostrune

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have emuNAND and are trying to boot from there, you must also install to sysNAND before itll work.
If youre using A9LH patched sysNAND, look in "luma" folder and try removing these files (if they exist)

firmware_agb.bin
firmware_twl.bin
patched_firmware_agb.bin
patched_firmware_emu.bin
patched_firmware_sys.bin
patched_firmware_twl.bin

Also, if using a boot manager, try removing that as well.
How do I do this? I also want to know how I can power on my 3DS into Luma without using Ninjhax.

I hold the L button but it only takes me to the 3DS menu and I must go into Ninjhax and then launch Luma, which reboots my 3DS and allows me to install and run CIA files. I have like 16 GB games, 12 GBC games, and 50 NES games. I really would love to get GBA, GG, TG-16, and GEN (3D Classics) games on there as well. Are SNES games patched to run on o3DS systems? I know you can only download them on the n3DS, but do the CIA files install and work on the o3DS? I wanna play ActRaiser and Soul Blazer so bad! I already updated my n3DS to 11.0 when I bought Contra III last week, so I can't run homebrew on 11.0. That's why I used my o3DS to downgrade from 10.2 to 9.2, so I could install CIA files.

Last edited by 03bgood,

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I do this? I also want to know how I can power on my 3DS into Luma without using Ninjhax.

I hold the L button but it only takes me to the 3DS menu and I must go into Ninjhax and then launch Luma, which reboots my 3DS and allows me to install and run CIA files.
Google or search here for "menuhax".. and "Ctrlbootmanager9". Those will get you a cold boot into CFW.
To install to sysNAND (to make GBA work on emuNAND) you must enter "rxMode sysNAND" or use "Pasta" and boot directly into sysNAND.

Better yet... no. Scratch all that. Go here, or go home: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I run the Homebrew Launcher via Ninjhax and select Menuhax, it says the AM service in inaccessible. I'm just so sick of using Ninjhax and want to boot into Luma by holding the L button on 3DS start up.

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I run the Homebrew Launcher via Ninjhax and select Menuhax, it says the AM service in inaccessible. I'm just so sick of using Ninjhax and want to boot into Luma by holding the L button on 3DS start up.
Ok so do like I said and follow that guide, and you wont have to press anything but the power button to make Luma boot up.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what to do. My o3DS is at 9.2 and I want to boot into Luma without using Ninjhax, is that possible on 9.2?

After returning from the System Settings, it cannot launch CIA games anymore unless I use Luma again via Ninjhax.

I did away with Pasta because I encountered the "Error has occurred" like 7/10 times when launching a CIA VC game.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The spam robots have become self aware