Gaming Gba on eshop petition

Rinnux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone

I have gotten fed up with the lack of good games on the 3ds eshop. So I decided to make a petition. This may not do anything at all but it will at least show nintendo how many people want these games. If you all could please take a few minutes to sign my petition it would be greatly appreciated. also please leave suggestions down below on how I can improve the petition (i.e. if you find spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes, or have suggestions on who to contact when we have enough signature

http://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-release-gameboyadvance-games-on-the-3ds-eshop

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
They've already made a promise because of the ambassador titles, Nintendo as always will do everything they can not to break it, for better of for worse. In any case, the WiiU is confirmed to receive GBA VC instead.

And the 3DS eShop is fine as far as content goes, the near future is looking pretty good too, Shantae, Mighty Switch Force 2, Shovel Knight are all coming soon to the service. VC is lacking but the amount of original content is decent enough.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They've already made a promise because of the ambassador titles, Nintendo as always will do everything they can not to break it, for better of for worse. In any case, the WiiU is confirmed to receive GBA VC instead.

And the 3DS eShop is fine as far as content goes, the near future is looking pretty good too, Shantae, Mighty Switch Force 2, Shovel Knight are all coming soon to the service. VC is lacking but the amount of original content is decent enough.

No, just no. This rumour spread fast throughout the internet and caused confusion.

All they said was no current plans to make these available for normal purchase. They never stated it to be exclusive or anything.

Reactions: kehkou

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The press release indicates that the GBA Ambassador games are Ambassador exclusive and that they have no plans to make them available for purchase, while the NES Ambassador games are merely early exclusives. The "rumor" as heartgold calls it is based on the language they used in the press release, and since much time has passed and much potential sales for those excellent GBA Ambassador titles has still not motivated them to begin offering it for sale, I really doubt they will make those titles available on 3DS eShop until there is a major change to the 3DS platform (i.e. DSi to the DS/DSLite).

Here's the relevant part from the US press release:
Since Nintendo 3DS launched in the United States on March 27, more than 830,000 people in the U.S. alone have purchased one to enjoy 3D visuals without the need for special glasses. These Nintendo 3DS owners represent some of Nintendo’s most loyal customers, and Nintendo is rewarding them for getting in on the action early with 20 free downloadable games from the Nintendo eShop.

These free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. The program contains two elements:

Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™,Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.
By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.
More details about this program will be announced in the future.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Signed. Only because I still believe Nintendo will save these games and release them to extend the 3DS's lifespan in its twilight years.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
No, just no. This rumour spread fast throughout the internet and caused confusion.

All they said was no current plans to make these available for normal purchase. They never stated it to be exclusive or anything.
They've always emphasized the "exclusive to ambassadors" part even if they add "no plans to release them to the general public" afterwards. It's possible, but unlikely I think.
Especially taking Wii U GBA VC into consideration, that's an indication that they really don't want to remove the exclusivity they've been mentioning so much, the emulation on the 3DS is already ready for GBA and all but nope, they put it on Wii U instead. Either case, a poll won't do anything.

Reactions: exangel

Rinnux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've always emphasized the "exclusive to ambassadors" part even if they add "no plans to release them to the general public" afterwards. It's possible, but unlikely I think.
Especially taking Wii U GBA VC into consideration, that's an indication that they really don't want to remove the exclusivity they've been mentioning so much, the emulation on the 3DS is already ready for GBA and all but nope, they put it on Wii U instead. Either case, a poll won't do anything.
At least I'm taking some sort of action against it. Ya it might not do anything. But comments like yours just discourage people from trying. Please keep this thread positive

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Show me where it says exclusive? I think that press means timely wise.

NES games got a eshop release. For GBA they said no current plans and people took that as an exclusive.

Anyhow, I think we will see GBA VC on the 3DS.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Show me where it says exclusive? I think that press means timely wise.

NES games got a eshop release. For GBA they said no current plans and people took that as an exclusive.

Anyhow, I think we will see GBA VC on the 3DS.

This is directly from their USA press release regarding the price drop which I quoted in my previous post in this thread:
By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

People "take it to mean exclusive" because of the language Nintendo directly used. I certainly hope for more GBA VC content other than those 10 games, but those particular games will probably never be sold in the 3DS eShop, at least until there is a major platform change.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is directly from their USA press release regarding the price drop which I quoted in my previous post in this thread:

People "take it to mean exclusive" because of the language Nintendo directly used. I certainly hope for more GBA VC content other than those 10 games, but those particular games will probably never be sold in the 3DS eShop, at least until there is a major platform change.

Yes as I said time exclusive as the word 'currently' implies.

There's nothing stopping them doing a GBA VC. It's just not in their plans or they don't want to for whatever reason like everything else.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

We've seen what "currently has no plans" means multiple times before.

It means "currently has no plans". :P And time moves forward.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian, I just think it's wishful thinking and not helpful to derive and assert that it actually means "Ambassador games are only exclusive for now" just from a PR standpoint and in regards to the rest of the content of the press release.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even if they don't release the 10 gba titles of the ambassador program, it doesn't stop them from releasing other gba titles outside these 10. Thus, the petition is not invalid and can even benefit ambassadors since brand new gba titles in the 3DS may appear, stop being a dick and sign it.

Rinnux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if they don't release the 10 gba titles of the ambassador program, it doesn't stop them from releasing other gba titles outside these 10. Thus, the petition is not invalid and can even benefit ambassadors since brand new gba titles in the 3DS may appear, stop being a dick and sign it.
THANK YOU!! this is exactly my point. I'm so tired of hearing people say Nintendo wont release them, or they said they have no plans to. ugg its annoying.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being called a dick sure is inspiring. :rolleyes:

I don't have anything against the petition and I think it would be great if there were some GBA releases for VC, and I definitely don't feel like I need to have the ambassador titles all to myself.
I'm just being rational here, and the only way Nintendo can really avoid backlash for releasing the Ambassador titles to the general public is to wait until there's such a significant change to the eShop or 3DS platform that no one will care. They put a huge emphasis on customer loyalty. Building brand loyalty on the trust of a market primarily dominated by children and teens is srs business.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s