Gba on eshop petition

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Rinnux, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Rinnux
    OP

Rinnux GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    Hello everyone

I have gotten fed up with the lack of good games on the 3ds eshop. So I decided to make a petition. This may not do anything at all but it will at least show nintendo how many people want these games. If you all could please take a few minutes to sign my petition it would be greatly appreciated. also please leave suggestions down below on how I can improve the petition (i.e. if you find spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes, or have suggestions on who to contact when we have enough signature

http://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-release-gameboyadvance-games-on-the-3ds-eshop

2. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    They've already made a promise because of the ambassador titles, Nintendo as always will do everything they can not to break it, for better of for worse. In any case, the WiiU is confirmed to receive GBA VC instead.

And the 3DS eShop is fine as far as content goes, the near future is looking pretty good too, Shantae, Mighty Switch Force 2, Shovel Knight are all coming soon to the service. VC is lacking but the amount of original content is decent enough.

3. heartgold

heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    No, just no. This rumour spread fast throughout the internet and caused confusion.

All they said was no current plans to make these available for normal purchase. They never stated it to be exclusive or anything.

kehkou likes this.
  4. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    we may know more in a few days
    as E3 is coming soon

5. Rizsparky

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Aug 13, 2007
    The Future
    I'd much rather have SNES VS rather than GBA, Nintendo didnt have a promise restricting them :)

6. exangel

exangel executioner angel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    The press release indicates that the GBA Ambassador games are Ambassador exclusive and that they have no plans to make them available for purchase, while the NES Ambassador games are merely early exclusives. The "rumor" as heartgold calls it is based on the language they used in the press release, and since much time has passed and much potential sales for those excellent GBA Ambassador titles has still not motivated them to begin offering it for sale, I really doubt they will make those titles available on 3DS eShop until there is a major change to the 3DS platform (i.e. DSi to the DS/DSLite).

Here's the relevant part from the US press release:

7. kehkou

kehkou does what Nintendon't

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Duke City
    Signed. Only because I still believe Nintendo will save these games and release them to extend the 3DS's lifespan in its twilight years.

8. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    They've always emphasized the "exclusive to ambassadors" part even if they add "no plans to release them to the general public" afterwards. It's possible, but unlikely I think.
    Especially taking Wii U GBA VC into consideration, that's an indication that they really don't want to remove the exclusivity they've been mentioning so much, the emulation on the 3DS is already ready for GBA and all but nope, they put it on Wii U instead. Either case, a poll won't do anything.

exangel likes this.
  9. Rinnux
    OP

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    At least I'm taking some sort of action against it. Ya it might not do anything. But comments like yours just discourage people from trying. Please keep this thread positive

10. heartgold

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    Show me where it says exclusive? I think that press means timely wise.

NES games got a eshop release. For GBA they said no current plans and people took that as an exclusive.

Anyhow, I think we will see GBA VC on the 3DS.

11. Kikirini

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

May 18, 2011
    United States
    Vermont, USA
    Signed. I am an ambassador but these are great games and everyone should have access to them. Plus I'd love to see the GBA library expanded for 3DS...

RodrigoDavy and Rydian like this.
  12. exangel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ

This is directly from their USA press release regarding the price drop which I quoted in my previous post in this thread:

People "take it to mean exclusive" because of the language Nintendo directly used. I certainly hope for more GBA VC content other than those 10 games, but those particular games will probably never be sold in the 3DS eShop, at least until there is a major platform change.

13. heartgold

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    Yes as I said time exclusive as the word 'currently' implies.

There's nothing stopping them doing a GBA VC. It's just not in their plans or they don't want to for whatever reason like everything else.

14. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    We've seen what "currently has no plans" means multiple times before.

It means "currently has no plans". :P And time moves forward.

15. exangel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    Rydian, I just think it's wishful thinking and not helpful to derive and assert that it actually means "Ambassador games are only exclusive for now" just from a PR standpoint and in regards to the rest of the content of the press release.

16. RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Even if they don't release the 10 gba titles of the ambassador program, it doesn't stop them from releasing other gba titles outside these 10. Thus, the petition is not invalid and can even benefit ambassadors since brand new gba titles in the 3DS may appear, stop being a dick and sign it.

17. RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Man! The letter to Nintendo is full of grammatical mistakes. Read your letter again and correct it

18. Rinnux
    OP

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    THANK YOU!! this is exactly my point. I'm so tired of hearing people say Nintendo wont release them, or they said they have no plans to. ugg its annoying.

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  19. Rinnux
    OP

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    Im working on it right now.

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  20. exangel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    Being called a dick sure is inspiring. :rolleyes:

I don't have anything against the petition and I think it would be great if there were some GBA releases for VC, and I definitely don't feel like I need to have the ambassador titles all to myself.
    I'm just being rational here, and the only way Nintendo can really avoid backlash for releasing the Ambassador titles to the general public is to wait until there's such a significant change to the eShop or 3DS platform that no one will care. They put a huge emphasis on customer loyalty. Building brand loyalty on the trust of a market primarily dominated by children and teens is srs business.

Sicklyboy likes this.