Hacking gba is disabled when playing super card sd

koki185

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
For some reason, when I play on gba sp by inserting the super car sd flash cartridge, the console can turn off after some time or always turns off if I want to save(any at least normal, even real time) and go to the menu. What could be the problem?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is you are trying to do anything with a supercard SD. The supercard GBA line is not a great thing -- they cheaped out on memory and save and thus made them basically pointless.

That said sounds like you might have a battery on the way out, which makes sense given how old the SP is these days. Saving engages other aspects of the GBA which might draw more current and thus cause it to flake out, and leaving it on for a while might see something similar if it drops below cut off voltage.

Reactions: Alexander1970

koki185

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The problem is you are trying to do anything with a supercard SD. The supercard GBA line is not a great thing -- they cheaped out on memory and save and thus made them basically pointless.

That said sounds like you might have a battery on the way out, which makes sense given how old the SP is these days. Saving engages other aspects of the GBA which might draw more current and thus cause it to flake out, and leaving it on for a while might see something similar if it drops below cut off voltage.
that is, the problem is either in the catridge itself or in the prefix namely in the battery. Do I understand you correctly?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The cartridge most likely exacerbates the issues with the battery. If you put it in say an original GBA with nice new AA batteries it would likely work as well as a GBA slot supercard ever does (which is not so much compared to everything else on the market).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1