Hacking GBA Games Running on flashcards on a 3DS?

casthecold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I'm relative new to 3DS, but ages ago I had an original R4 on the DS Lite, back then I knew it wasn't possible to run GBA games from flashcards without anything on the Slot 2 of the DS Lite.

I would like to know if there is any flashcard nowadays or any kind of emulation that can run GBA games on 3DS from a flashcard since there is no slot 2.

I know I can emulate GBA with homebrew (like TwilightMenu++) from a CFW 3DS, but I have a microSD 32gbs lying aroud, so I want to use a flashcard to have all games from the nds, snes, gba, etc. and leave my 3DS just for 3DS games.

I've seen it is possible to put TwilightMenu++ as the kernel of flashcards, but if I do so it will be able to run GBA games from that flashcard?

If it is possible, what flashcard is a good choice to use with TwilightMenu++?

If not, then is there a flashcard that can run GBA games on 3DS?

Thanks in advance.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBARunner2 by Gericom is the software used for GBA in TwilightMenu, you can download that as a seperate .nds file and run it on many flashcards.

SupercardTwo flashcard has its own exclusive GBA emulator but those are quite expensive/hard to find now.

You're probably better off asking in TwilightMenu thread for help running that on flashcards, over in the DS forums.

For most home consoles using 3DS homebrew to emulate them is much better than the NDS alternatives. Genesis and SNES are hacky/janky, and even systems that run well like Turbografx/PC engine and NES cannot display at their original resolution.

Reactions: casthecold

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.