GBA Flashcart not saving

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Protoman85, Nov 3, 2012.

Nov 3, 2012

GBA Flashcart not saving by Protoman85 at 5:32 PM (574 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Protoman85
    OP

Newcomer Protoman85 Newbie

Sweden
    Not really a DS card question but I couldn't find a GBA section in 5 seconds so I gave up like the lazy turd I am. Anyway, I have a EFA Linker 512mb that I can play on Gamecube via Gameboy player, but on certain games it doesn't save. It worked with Zelda Minish Cap but not Drill Drozer, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga or Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland. Why is this?

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    I was about to say that this might be a battery issue, and then I've read that it works with some games, and with some it does not. Perhaps the save chip used is an incompatible type with the player, hence the lack of compatibility. The cart was made to work with the system, not with the Gamecube add-on. That said, it's pretty bizzare that it doesn't work, as it implies some kind of a save chip check that I personally haven't heard of.

3. Protoman85
    OP

Newcomer Protoman85 Newbie

Sweden
    Kirby and Drill Dozer didn't work on a GBA either, I can say.

4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Oh. Well then, it's a chip discrepancy of some sort. There I thought that the GBA Player had some unknown AP. :P

Perhaps the games need to be patched somehow, it'd be best if you check that on a per-title basis, I'm sure someone with the same cart will be able to help you.