OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
OK, I bought a Supercard SD.
Just got it, can't make it do anything. I want to play GBA games on a GBA-SP.

Help me please, I need to know how to set up the Supercard SD....OR....

If someone could recommend another, easier-to-use Slot-2 card to get, and to use for GBA gaming....

I just want to have a flashcard that works for my GBA, and right now, this isn't happening.

I have no idea how to set this up...I need the firmware, and I need to know how to actually set it all up.

I'm having total fits here, I don't understand how to get it set up in the first place. Once I get something set up, putting the actual games on it would be no trouble at all.

Please please please please help me.....

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a supercard. It's easy to set up. You need firmware on the cart -- and you have to run the games through special PC software -- voila -- surely there are details instructions on the net... google it...

Posts merged

-- By the way -- there are no GBA carts that aredrag and drop -- all involve patching the roms -- if you want drag and drop simplicity -- get a 3in1 or M3 GBA exp pack for a DS Lite or DS...

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
I have a supercard. It's easy to set up. You need firmware on the cart -- and you have to run the games through special PC software -- voila -- surely there are details instructions on the net... google it...

Posts merged

-- By the way -- there are no GBA carts that aredrag and drop -- all involve patching the roms -- if you want drag and drop simplicity -- get a 3in1 or M3 GBA exp pack for a DS Lite or DS...

ok...so...I guess I try googling "Supercard" + PC Software" + "GBA" I sure wish someone would TELL us people this stuff.

Yeah, I'd really RATHER have drag and drop simplicity, so maybe I'll have to get a 3 in 1. I guess that still works with a GBA SP, and GBA games?

OK, Someone should have directed me to this topic...
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=29411

THAT is what finally helped me. Now I have the supercard working and playing my GBA games.

I ASSUME that, if it comes up "Fail" on the patch column, it means the game won't convert, so no good on that game, right?

ON EDIT: See, that was what I didn't understand about this Supercard. I stupidly thought that the Software, v 2.70 went onto the SD card, not on your computer. And then the Firmware, v. 1.85...also went onto the SD card...correct...

But then I also didn't know you had to then format the SD card to get the firmware off once the card was flashed.

NOW that I understand how the Supercard works, yeah, it's easy-peasy.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You formatted the SD card? Whatfor? I never did it and everything runs as it should (well, except for the weird symbols that just recently showed up, but that's a common problem, so it hasn't got anything to do with this)

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you have to do is copy the firmware to your card, run it from the SC menu, then delete the file after the upgrade is complete. No need to format the whole card.

The patcher software is PC only. Patched roms appear in "C:\Program Files\SC\out" by default. You can change this location, but don't set it to the SD card directly or you'll get problems.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
All you have to do is copy the firmware to your card, run it from the SC menu, then delete the file after the upgrade is complete. No need to format the whole card.

The patcher software is PC only. Patched roms appear in "C:\Program Files\SC\out" by default. You can change this location, but don't set it to the SD card directly or you'll get problems.

Really? What sort of problems?

Because that is exactly what I did...set it to the SD card directly.

The directions said I could. No matter, I could change that, and then just drag and drop from another location.

I do seem to have some ROMS, .gba that just plain won't work, even though they went thru the patcher just fine...and wrote direct to the SD card...could this be WHY they don't work??

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Outputting directly to the SD card can cause card corruption, which can cause a variety of problems. You can use the Windows fixer program (right-click on the drive, click Properties, click Tool, click Check Now, select the first checkbox only and click OK). However, at this point it might be better to just reformat the card (again) just to be on the safe side.

Your issues might be due to the output issue, or perhaps incorrect patch settings, or maybe the games just aren't compatible. It's a shame that both of the GBA compatibility lists are offline, as they would be very handy to link to right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1