Gilberd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
acekard 2i with akaio 1.8.6a
gbaexploader 0.58b
ezflash V 3in1 had it for a couple months but it has always worked completely fine until now
it never even lost sram until this time

Gilberd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
how_do_i_do_that said:
Your answer is given in the first link in my sig, the 3in1 Answers.

It is found under BUGs, fixes, and weird behaviors, the first one.
didn't work downloaded official ak2_sd.dldi
and replaced akaio ak2_sd with it
booted gba exploader and it still gives me the emply file list
nice compilation you got there by the way

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
then you got no ini file in the root of your microSD.

AKAIO_root_dir.png

Gilberd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
how_do_i_do_that said:
then you got no ini file in the root of your microSD.

AKAIO_root_dir.png
my gbaexploader.ini file was originally in a folder called EMU along with the gbaexploader.nds
moved my gbaexploader.ini to root but still doesn't work

Gilberd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
ummm it just suddenly started working again
ok then
well i guess the solution is just time and luck for now

D

Deleted-236924

Pretty sure GBA_ExpLoader.ini doesn't have to be in root. It worked with me when it was in the same folder as GBA_ExpLoader.nds

itachi_hm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, sorry for uploading an old post, but i have the same setup and i'm facing the same problems...

Acekard 2i
EZ Flash 3 in 1+ (v4 - EZ5C11)
Akaio 1.9.0
Gbaexploader 0.58b
I had it for 3 years, or more, i think.

I turn it on, enter on Akaio, choose GbaExploader, and then sometimes ask me to use the EZ Fash on Slot 2, sometimes not, but both ways i get locked on main screen, with "0 games"

I'm new here, trying to understand how the forum works, and how to find help with specific problems, so sorry if i post something wrong or lacking information.

After some trying, crashing, rebooting, the games appears. But i'm with saving problems too. I have to finish the game, reboot the DS, enter on GbaExploader again, to save the file into Acekard's SD. But yesterday i played at afternoon, saved OK, loaded at night, played, did the same, today when trying to load my Pokemon LeafGreen save, inside the game appers "the save file was deleted...".... But if inside GbaExploader i selected the afternoon save, the game load OK.

Attachments

• 2016-01-15 12.39.15.jpg
    2016-01-15 12.39.15.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 360

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The EZ5C11 is not a 3in1+ (EZ5C3), if the PCB isn't blue then it is not a 3in1+. All green boards have only 32MB of NOR, while the 3in1+ has 64MB.

Running GBA ExpLoader on a default install of AKAIO requires replacing a file.

BUG: A default install of AKAIO causes gba exploader to freeze randomly.
FIX: Copy the ak2_sd.dldi from the official firmware in the __ak2 to your __aio folder on your MicroSD, overwriting the AKAIO ak2_sd.dldi.

You can get the file you need from here: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-acekard-2-official-4-23-f12379.html

Reactions: itachi_hm

itachi_hm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, thanks a lot. In my case, mine is EZ5C11, i didn't know that isn't the 3 in 1+ (seems like the v4 it's the v2 hardware, so it's worst then v3?)

I changed the file now. Thanks a lot!

I noted that my Acekard 2i show as "Deep Labyrinth - Digital Bros". For what i read, this isn't the last firmware (it's "Pippa Funnell"). I read this tutorial: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader. But the acekard's domain it's off.

I like things always updated, but it's stable in this case? It's better than my version? Where i can find the update link (trusted one)?

Thanks again for atention on an old problem (DS Lite with Acekard to play GBA games).

Last edited by itachi_hm,

itachi_hm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Didn't work for me... i changed the file, and when started the game after 12hs +/-, didn't work. Always crash on start screen... then, after 2 or 3 times turning off and on, works fine. After that, works ok until i shut down and keep it for long time...

Hmm, i understood.. the firmware update it's only to bypass security (changing the icon)? Didn't add features and/or stability patches.. it's correct?

Something more actual exists? I read about a version with has SD card too, so it's independent from Acekard.. it's this correct?

itachi_hm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i was playing using the default loader, but since the battery problem, i was losing games...

But it's normal to have this kind of problem using GBA ExpLoader? I think that using it it's less probable to have corruption, as i save the game on a circular basis...

I have 6 slots, so each time i play i save on different slot, so on a corruption i "just" lose the last play.. On Akaio it's just one save (i can configure it, but i didn't understand well how it works, so i'm not secure about using only one save. I have just to enter on Akaio to it record the save from SRAM to SD? Or i have to enter the game again?)

How it's most secure to play?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Switching between the 2 different loaders will erase your save on the 3in1. Stick to one loader.

What is possibly happening is the battery is likely dead or dieing on your 3in1. Means you probably will have to replace the battery soon.

The 3in1 uses a CR-1220 battery with tabs.

IMG_300311c.JPG

I don't have any places listed for Brazil, so you will have to find a place that sells tabbed batteries that you can buy locally.

There is also the tape method, less reliable than soldering but can extend your usage: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/f...der-less-battery-replacement-guide-f5890.html

Most people that use the AKAIO loader like to keep things simple and deal with only 1 save per game.

----

AKAIO's gba loader will automatically backup any save in PSRAM on restart of the DS/L system. NOR saves require manual backup after the first restart of the DS/L system.

Reactions: itachi_hm

itachi_hm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Once again, thanks a lot. I will try this tape method, because i don't find near sellers... i bought the battery, let's see if it will work...

Do you know if exists a new version of this 3 in 1? something that runs independent, like Acekard runs with DS games?

itachi_hm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks a lot @how_do_i_do_that ! I changed the battery like the tutorial, and seems like it's working again (i test it with the app to write to memory and then read it)
Seems like the battery it's working now, but let's see the saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol