GBA Emulation possible on DSi when hacked

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DJ91990, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2010
  1. DJ91990
    OP

Member DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

United States
    Okay so I did some looking on Wikipedia and compaired the Original DS to the GBA and the DSi to the GBA and guess what I found out.

The GBA uses a 32-bit RISC Prossessor.
    The DSi uses TWO ARM Processors. When you click on the "ARM Processors" it takes you to another wikipedia page where I found out that the TWO ARM PROCESSORS are BOTH 32-BIT. Combined that is 64-Bits!
    *So if combined they are 64 bits, why the hell didn't Nintendo design the console after a 2-screened N64 Controler!?

So in order to emulate something you need x2 the device's processor that you are trying to emulate.
    64 bits = 32 bits x 2!

The only Roadblock in the plains; DSi HOMEBREW IS NOT POSSIBLE AT THIS TIME. Most likely because nobody cares at the moment (as far as coding is concerned.)

Well how many people here are going to shout;

"NO GBA EMULATION IS NOT POSSIBLE ON THE DSi BECAUSE LACK OF PROCESSOR POWER BLAH BLAH BLAH"
    Well it is hard to argue that it is not possible when you have TWICE THE PROCESSOR POWER OF THE ORIGINAL GBA!

Hell while where at it, make a STABLE SNES EMULATOR THAT IS ABLE TO RENDER GRAPHICS AND SOUND PROPERLY! (Pointing the finger at you SNESDS!)

2. updowners

Member updowners lurklurklurk

Australia
    What the fuck?

3. GWEndlessDuel

Banned GWEndlessDuel Banned

United States
    You are a fucking idiot. Christ.

4. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    my thoughts exactly

5. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    As it turns out, I've checked with some mathmatical masterminds and 32 multiplied by 2 does in fact give us 64.

6. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    Twice the processing power it nowhere near enough to emulate anything at full speed.
    The way that the processor accesses data has almost nothing to do with how fast it is. My old desktop PC was 32bit and would way out-perform my new 64bit laptop.

What you need to think about is processor SPEED, which is usually measured in MHz and the amount of RAM, which on a Nintendo handheld is usually quite low.

7. Nikolay

Member Nikolay GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Second this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.