SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
So, please dont just say im stupid, i know it wont be easy, but i mean the dsi has twice as fast CPU as the ordinary nds. so why no?

GBA:
CPU: 16.8 MHz 32-bit ARM7TDMI with embedded memory
Memory: 32 kilobyte + 96 kilobyte VRAM (internal to the CPU), 256 kilobyte WRAM (outside the CPU).

DSi:
# CPU: The DSi has two ARM architecture CPUs; ARM9 and ARM7. The ARM9, the main CPU, is clocked at 133 MHz (almost twice as fast as previous NDS models).
# RAM: 16 MB of RAM (four times as much as previous NDS models)

ppl said that gbc would be impossible to emulate on the gba but we have a fullspeed (almost) gbc emu on the gba =)

so i cant understand why it isnt even worth talking about a gba emu on the dsi / dsi xl?

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
SLiV3R said:
So, please dont just say im stupid, i know it wont be easy, but i mean the dsi has twice as fast CPU as the ordinary nds. so why no?

GBA:
Memory: 32 kilobyte + 96 kilobyte VRAM (internal to the CPU), 256 kilobyte WRAM (outside the CPU).

DSi:
# CPU: The DSi has two ARM architecture CPUs; ARM9 and ARM7. The ARM9, the main CPU, is clocked at 133 MHz (almost twice as fast as previous NDS models).

ppl said that gbc would be impossible to emulate on the gba but we have a fullspeed (almost) gbc emu on the gba =)

so i cant understand why it isnt even worth talking about a gba emu on the dsi / dsi xl?
there is, but you need an iplayer or the upcomming supercard dstwo

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the iPlayer's GBA emulator can't even get fullspeed in most games, i'd think DSi would find it impossible on its own. iPlayer itself has a 400mhz processor and 32MB ram (IIRC), stacked onto the DS' own specs. Exact iPlayer specs are unknown, it may even have more power. It has issues with a lot of GBA games, especially the Golden Sun games. Frameskip is needed for most games to run properly.

We've been over this again and again. Emulation is far more complex than native play. And GBA is far more complex to emulate than GB/GBC. If you think it could be done, try it yourself. That's the only way these noobs would learn. Oh i'm sorry, noob and learn are oxymorons.
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo have confirmed no less than 3 times now that they are not bringing a VC to DSi. It has been begged of by fans, but they flat out said no. The closest thing you'll see to DSi VC is a small handful of PORTS of games like Rayman and that Oscar in *insert place here* game series. But those aren't true VC games and they're few and far between.

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SLiV3R said:

GBA:

DSi:

rolleyes.gif

I'm sure that the the Psp can play Dream cast games

sarcasm.

Also the ARM7 is used for the touchscreen, sound, wifi.

Also the the Gameboy advance used the a processing to emulate Game Boy games.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
granville said:
Nintendo have confirmed no less than 3 times now that they are not bringing a VC to DSi. It has been begged of by fans, but they flat out said no. The closest thing you'll see to DSi VC is a small handful of PORTS of games like Rayman and that Oscar in *insert place here* game series. But those aren't true VC games and they're few and far between.
Well, I think it is given that the "DS 2" will have a GBA VC, though. It's kinda like how there are no Gamecube games on Wii VC... generation skip.

So yeah, I see 0% chance of it being on the current DS.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Okay, 2 things:

1, people say "oh, n00bs never learn" but that's the point. We need to do stuff for them. Not sarcasm at all.

2, I don't care how slow emulation is, I WANT GBA AND N64 ON DSi! If the N64 SSB is running 2fps on the DSi, I would be a happy guy. I'm sure we can get GBA at least half speed without sound!

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
Okay, 2 things:

1, people say "oh, n00bs never learn" but that's the point. We need to do stuff for them. Not sarcasm at all.

2, I don't care how slow emulation is, I WANT GBA AND N64 ON DSi! If the N64 SSB is running 2fps on the DSi, I would be a happy guy. I'm sure we can get GBA at least half speed without sound!

It take at least a 800 MHz(Pc) to emulate the GBA at FULL speed.Also the n64 have a more powerful CPU than the ds so that's impossible.

The psp have a MIPS R4000 CPU making it much more easier to emulate the GBA.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
SgtThom said:
Rydian said:
granville said:
Then make it yourself if you think it can be done. Simple as that.
QFE. Like I say, if everybody else expects somebody else to do it, it doesn't get done.

Do you now how to develop software for the Ds?
Nope, and I have no interest.

That's why you don't see demanding that these things get done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-