Hacking GBA Earthworm Jim does not work

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hate2.gif
Please could somebody tell me why GBA Earthworm Jim does not work with the GBA DSTWO emulator, I was hoping with the latest GBA update that it would work

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
RedBaron said:
hate2.gif
Please could somebody tell me why GBA Earthworm Jim does not work with the GBA DSTWO emulator, I was hoping with the latest GBA update that it would work

See here: http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-6042-1-1.html

It is currently unplayable.

Edit: As for why? Search around. Perhaps it's too resource intensive. Isn't it a port anyway?

Why would you WANT to play the GBA EWJs?

They're some of the most butchered ports of all time.

Try the .smc and /gen/.bin/.smd versions with NDSSFC, SnemulDS (.smc runs in that for sure) and JenesisDS (.gen/.bin/.smd runs in that for sure)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i hate to be unhelpful here, but EWJ GBA is a horribly bad and botched port. There are missing animations everywhere, choppy graphics, horrid sound effects, and worst of all, mangled physics that ruin any of the fun gameplay the original had. You can include these complaints for the even worse port of the sequel. Do yourself a favor- get JenesisDS (or snemulds, but jenesisds plays it better) and the original rom and play it. It works almost perfectly in either emulator and the original game is far far superior.

Sorry for not helping you to get the GBA game to work, but in this case, it's probably better than a horrible game just doesn't load.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
or get earthworm jim HD for ps3/xbox360 LOL
Well sure, if you don't mind playing on a console, i kind of figure he wants it on DS... I hear the HD versions are missing some levels from the previous best version, Special Edition on Sega CD. So i'd probably say Sega CD is the best version of the game if you want all the content.
tongue.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
DJPlace said:
or get earthworm jim HD for ps3/xbox360 LOL
Well sure, if you don't mind playing on a console, i kind of figure he wants it on DS... I hear the HD versions are missing some levels from the previous best version, Special Edition on Sega CD. So i'd probably say Sega CD is the best version of the game if you want all the content.
tongue.gif

forget about sega cd version. LOL yeah i really wish HD had the big brutly level i could never beat that level casue brutlely all ways eats me LOL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.