OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Same here, I love my DS
So many good games, so many good memories,....

So I pick DS Lite

You are sooooo right.
i like the DSi alot but, i just like the simple DS Lite better.
happy.gif

Pascaldlb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for those replies, i like it alot.
I'm going to start a new topic soon.
It is called: Which flashcart do you use?
Please keep posting your opinions!
lecture.gif

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pascaldlb said:
QUOTE said:
Same here, I love my DS

So I pick DS Lite

You are sooooo right.
happy.gif
yeah same i hve a ds lite and i use it a lot but imma get a dsi when the price goes down and im tired of my ds lite

or when the dsi is more open the homebrew l,ike being able to use homebrew in dsi mode using the extra ram and such

Pascaldlb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
yeah same i hve a ds lite and i use it a lot but imma get a dsi when the price goes down and im tired of my ds lite

or when the dsi is more open the homebrew l,ike being able to use homebrew in dsi mode using the extra ram and such

Lol, good idea.
rolleyes.gif

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
justinrocks123 said:
Pascaldlb said:
QUOTE said:
Same here, I love my DS

So I pick DS Lite

You are sooooo right.
happy.gif

that's what i'll do... i have a phat ds though
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, the DSi hasn't been that special yet. The DSiWare is good if you like puzzle games so far. No big games announced yet. No VH (virtual handheld) yet, and no DSi exclusive games announced yet (even though nintendo says there will be some).

For me, GBA is very important. I'm very sad because my 3-in-1 broke, and I want to get a new one soon. The DSi has amazing potential, but for now, it has very little real things to show off. I don't want to pay $170 for a system based on vague potential that has not been tapped. Lets go through the pros of the DSi and see if we can get by without them:

- Cameras: well obviously we don't know how nintendo will handle it. It looks similar to the PS2 eyetoy except with a camera that is outdone by most cell phones, and my 6megapixel $10 digital camera. We'll see how they develop the games, but for now, you can just get a very cheap camera for less than $30.

- AAC playback: 1 format, just 1. What idiot thought this would be good? Using moonshell, I can play back almost every music format created, as well as DPG video. Thanks but no thanks nintendo.

- DSiWare: as of yet, untapped potential. Mostly puzzle games so far. No VC or anything announced. If they announced that they would be offering a virtual handheld service for old portable games through the GBA, it might be interesting. But not sure now.

- Bigger screens: well, lets just say that the size increase is too unnoticeable for me to care.

- More power: obviously this is the biggest potential especially for homebrew. It has 4 times the memory of the DS (that is without the expansion) and supposedly 2 times to processor speed (according to Narin). Not sure how to take this as of yet. This brings me to the last topic:

- DSi exclusive games: these were confirmed in a press report the other day. Non-download ones that will be sold as cartridges at retail. Your guess for these is as good as mine. None have been announced or shown. Just confirmed to happen. I'd rather not spend money on something I don't know about though. It like buying a Gizmondo, except even that one showed us some games. I don't suspect Nintendo will be involved in the mafia though.
tongue.gif

For me, I have a DS Lite and love it. The DSi seems like the gameboy color, not a true successor to the DS, but with a few exclusive improvements. I think for now, the best thing to do if you want the DSi is to wait a few months. Around summer should give you an idea of whether it's worth your time. So far, it's selling based on untapped potential alone. Not a worthy selling point IMO.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
DS.

I have a camera and a media player, and to be honest I don't mess with audio/pictures too much. Neither do I care about DSiWare unless, of course, free/good user-generated content is allowed on the DSiWare shop.

Project_Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i would pick the DSi as they are releasing flash Carts for it. Also something i noticed is that people forgot that Nintendo would probably make GB GBC and GBA games for DSiWare eventually. So yeah id go with DSi.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
The GBA. The games were just plain fun, something the DS never quite hit with me (possibly because I had more time to play back then, who knows, but the DS is a little lacking for platformers).

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't really see myself making pictures with my ds...

and i dont think dsiware is that great, look at all the wiiware, there are not really good games exept for toki tori and world of goo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back