GBA Backup Tool stuck on File Searching

RSDJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to get a backup of a Pokemon Emerald save via the GBA Backup Tool on Action Replay DSi. The tool can run on the cartridge, but it takes 5 minutes to get through the FAT Initialize screen. Creating a sav file shows a message saying file searching. And nothing happens with an hour passed.

I've applied a Datel & Music DLDI patch to make the tool run, and I'm using a 32gb Microsd Card. Should I try using a different type of Microsd? Or should I just buy a different flash cart?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get a backup of a Pokemon Emerald save via the GBA Backup Tool on Action Replay DSi. The tool can run on the cartridge, but it takes 5 minutes to get through the FAT Initialize screen. Creating a sav file shows a message saying file searching. And nothing happens with an hour passed.

I've applied a Datel & Music DLDI patch to make the tool run, and I'm using a 32gb Microsd Card. Should I try using a different type of Microsd? Or should I just buy a different flash cart?
Maybe try using GodMode9i instead, it's GBA save compatibility has improved a lot in recent updates so it's just as good as GBA Backup Tool now

RSDJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe try using GodMode9i instead, it's GBA save compatibility has improved a lot in recent updates so it's just as good as GBA Backup Tool now
I'm using GodMode9i right now, and the only thing I can do is hightlight GBA GAMECART (Pokemon EMER). It doesn't give me any options to backup or load anything. There's also NDS GAMECARD, which allows me to dump NO-TITLE_NONE00_FF to GBA Cart.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I'm using GodMode9i right now, and the only thing I can do is hightlight GBA GAMECART (Pokemon EMER). It doesn't give me any options to backup or load anything. There's also NDS GAMECARD, which allows me to dump NO-TITLE_NONE00_FF to GBA Cart.
:unsure: it shouldn't show NDS GAMECARD when running from Slot-1... did you DLDI patch it?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Have any other ideas? Or should I just consider getting another flash cart?
You could maybe try using a microSD under 2 GB if you have one, I wouldn't bother trying to buy one if you don't though. I have a Games n' Music and for some reason mine only works properly with cards under 2 GB.

It's probably cheaper and definitely easier to just get a normal flashcard though, the AR is definitely a rather weird one and they never officially supported DLDI even iirc so not a huge surprise it doesn't work well.

See the r/flashcarts quick start guide for what's currently recommended.

RSDJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could maybe try using a microSD under 2 GB if you have one, I wouldn't bother trying to buy one if you don't though. I have a Games n' Music and for some reason mine only works properly with cards under 2 GB.

It's probably cheaper and definitely easier to just get a normal flashcard though, the AR is definitely a rather weird one and they never officially supported DLDI even iirc so not a huge surprise it doesn't work well.

See the r/flashcarts quick start guide for what's currently recommended.
Will do. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc